Courses Ireland ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Hi All,

Being based in Dublin im stuck for courses ( can't find much at all ! ) - would any of you you know of any bushcraft course centres in the Ireland ?? -

I was told of Anthonio Ackerman ( www.wild-live.org ) up north - which i may take up on, but..

I wondered if the're was anyone local to me in Dublin/Wicklow ???

Thanks

Loz

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
If you do get up to Antonio you'll not regret it, he's a gentleman and very good at what he does :D

If you go to the Celtnet event let us know how it went. ;)

Sep 11, 2006
Ireland
I went to one of those Celtnet events before, worth a look but the bushcraft side of it is pretty amateurish. A good weekend if you enjoy eating Mung Beans. Nobody in a hurry to eat meat either so forget about learning to hunt.
That said the longbow making course is a must.

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Forester said:
I went to one of those Celtnet events before, worth a look but the bushcraft side of it is pretty amateurish. A good weekend if you enjoy eating Mung Beans. Nobody in a hurry to eat meat either so forget about learning to hunt.
That said the longbow making course is a must.

Hmm just been looking at the pics of the ealier event - looks kindalike glastonbury festival - without the music

Floyd Soul

Forager
Jul 31, 2006
The woods, Ireland.
Ive been to the Celt weekend twice so far this year and I'll be up there again in October. I took the bushcraft course in July....

Whilst all the food up there is vegetarian, the guy who does the bushcraft is the real deal. His names Del Harding and he's lived in the wilderness for 75% of his life. Islands off scotland, and the Highlands I believe. He's definitely no vegetarian, having lived solely off of seal meat at one point.

Mostly on the course, what he did was go through various equipment, tell fantastic stories and go into the woods. He then showed us firecraft, setting snares, and building shelters.

The course is really geared towards the beginner as an introduction. So if youre already pretty experienced, you might not learn a whole lot. Its still worth it tho just to listen to Del talk!

Here's a photo of him :D
741671163_l.jpg

PS, if you are up there, I'll be taking the shave horse course so look me up!

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
Co Meath, Ireland
Loz,
I too was looking for a bushcraft course in Ireland, I came across the wildlive wbsite. I booked a course in May of this year. I would recommend it to everyone. Antoinio does a week long course for the same price as most do for a weekend.
He supplies hammocks for everyone to sleep in for the first few nights. I could not believe it when I saw the site. The first night it was a little strange the second was very comfortable and so on. The second last night I slept in the leaf hut that we had built, the last night I slept in the lean to shelter that we had built. The course is held in Castlewellan Forest Park, about 30 minutes fron Newry. The park is open to the public but Antonios site is far enough away as not to be bothered to much. We covered alot of bushcraft material, pottery,flintknapping,cordmaking ,tracking,sheltermaking,firecraft. The group I was in all managed to get fire by using the bow drill method on the first day. The rule is that the evening meal cannot be cooked unless the fire has been lit by bowdrill . I could go on but you get the general idea, go for WILD_LIVE you will not be disapointed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE