Cotton Canvas Lightweight Windproof layer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan Owen

Tenderfoot
Think i pretty much summed up what im looking for in the title...

I've got me one of them lovely Austrian wooly pullys and they're great, very windproof.

HOWEVER

My stomping ground is Ilkley Moor and as many of you know it's famous for it's wind. If any of you aren't familiar with the song 'on ilkley moor bah'tat' it's about losing your hat to the wind. Personally i think the wind on ilkley moor is awesome, sort of epic and godly even.

However in winter it does seem to want you to lose your sight and tear your nipples off...

I think that's enough back story. So basically, any of you know a good cotton canvas, lightweight, windproof layer thats going for under £30.

I've had my eye on the German army 'Shacket' that Endy's have got but i dunno if it's windproof or not?

So yeh, cheers. Ivan.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
US army M65 jacket, can get a liner to go into it, hood is pants but rolls into collar. bombproof build quality, lots of print patterns or plains. endicotts do a hi end copy.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Problem with the M65 is that they love water, soaking it up that is. Talking to a couple of American chums, neither was happy with them when issued.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
The Titanex smock is quite good, It's got a hood, but I roll mine up.
I picked on up years ago, I used the same system as you, a wooly pully with the smock over the top. It worked great.
Here's one.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Swedish Army snow smock and a packet of dye??? Search the forum and you'll find lots of info on them. They're cheap too.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I second Barn Owl but if you don't like hoods Buffalo and Montane both do a OG windshirt without one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE