Cost for renting woodland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pete K

Forager
Nov 13, 2012
Derbyshire
www.facebook.com
Hi guys, I'm after some advice.
A local farmer approached me and took me for a walk around some woods he has just bought. He will be making the woods pay by producing firewood and coppice but is looking to lease it out for some extra income.
We did the dance and both agreed to go away and think about money. I know what I can afford but I'm struggling to find any info on a reasonable or indeed average price for leasing woods.
The woods are about 5 hectare and are quite steep with flat sections dotted about. Lots or tall sycamore to be felled and a smatter of beech, birch and oak. He has a management plan in place and I'd be moving site round the woods over the next 8 years to fit in with the felling.
I am a business owner looking for a site to run bushcraft courses, archery and walks from. Very small company, one or two days a month. I will also arrange a monthly public meet on the land as bushcraft sites are few and far between round here.
Does anyone have any experience of 12 month lease costs? Just want to prepare myself and see if I can afford it.
Cheers.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
If it's any help someone I know used to rent about 65 hectares of woodland for approximately £4.5k per year

Last edited:

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
For 5 hectares nothing more than a few hundred, but welsh prices a very low or free if you are part of the improvement plan.

You would be supprsed what you get for free for digging a few ditches or clearing bramble.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE