Copper lid for Crusader Cup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 8, 2011
nottinham uk
after getting junk in my morning brew for the tenth time when the fire was stoked and having to wait for far to long for the water to boil i decided to get a lid for my crusader. my mate has a plastic lid and has to hover over it if he wants to place it in the camp fire, so i decided it had to be metal. so £5 on ebay got me a small copper sheet and with the few bits of tools i have i set to making my lid.

photo1-2.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

photo4-5.jpg

photo5-4.jpg

photo6-4.jpg

i have seen the high standed of workmanship that people turn out on here and i no its not amazing but it works and it can take some stick. Good fun to make and didnt take to long.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Cool job. Personally I've never had a problem with my junk getting into a boiling crusader though. That's gotta hurt.

laro13

Nomad
Jan 21, 2010
The Netherlands
Cool job. Personally I've never had a problem with my junk getting into a boiling crusader though. That's gotta hurt.

Some people have a problem, the other way around. Almost cutting their junk off, with their equipment!!! :lmao:
images

(Sorry, I cant find the big version any more.)

Cheers,
Jasper

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
You won't get any stick on here. The fact you have solved a problem using your own ingenuity and craftsmanship is good. Very nice work. Have you tried it out yet?

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Nice job !

--------------------------------------------
"If we had some bacon we could have bacon and eggs, if we had some eggs"

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Good job............................... I made a cover for a US army mug using the bottom of an old aluminium pan from a camping cook set, it's probably lighter than yours but doesn't look as good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE