Converting tactical Hammond Cruiser to Bushy folder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Good morning all,

Thought I'd share photos of a cracking "tactical to Bushy" conversion I've just had done by our very own Peterbermingham ( great guy to deal with, super comms and spot on workmanship, he produced exactly what I was looking for :) well done Sir ! )

I've had a CRKT Hammond Cruiser folder for quite a while now ( from someone on here I believe ) I think it's a great knife, the handle is really comfy, the double lock up system is super safe and it just feels ....right.

Here's a link to the CRKT Hammond Cruiser http://www.survival-pax.com/CRKT-Hammond-Cruiser-Silver-Desert-Tan.html the one thing I wasn't keen on was the "tactical" style blade.

The search was on :)

I PM'd a number of knife makers on here and another forum without success ( the replys ranged from ...helpful but expensive, apologetic didn't have the tooling, to downright prima Dona rude ) before I saw Peters post on here of a folder he had done for his girlfriend, a couple of PM's and a deal was done.

I sent off the knife with vague ideas of what I wanted and left the rest to Peter, he emailed me various designs before one was settled on. Two very short weeks later my "new" CRKT Bushcraft folder arrived ! :)

And what a cracker this is ! .... have a look at this :) I've pictured it along side a standard Cruiser for comparison.....

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The blade is O1 and has a shaving sharp edge and with the little bit of extra weight it now feels " Really Right " and looks what I think a proper bushy folder should be :)

Peter, thank you, your service, skill and attention to detail do you proud Sir :) ( my photos don't do it justice )

Any comments welcome.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
I sold one of those sometime ago (maybe you bought it from me mate...),,anyway I totally agree they are a great knife but like you the blade shape wasn't to my taste but yours now is perfect and pleasing to my eyes:bigok: the blade shape is great and certainly ticks all the boxes so much that now I wouldn't mind another one:35:

Nice work peter you maybe hearing from me in the future:35:goodjob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE