Converting skis into a temporary seat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Brilliant! I have a feeling that I might have to do a bit of 'transatlantic' shopping. the only problem are the swinging addition of VAT and duty that we suffer, here in the U.K.. Still...

Great to hear that a good idea is still alive and well.

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
A bundeswehr sleeping pad makes a good sit mat and you can unfold it to any length up to just over body length if you like, could get a couple of other people on with ya too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

rich d2

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2019
Nottingham
A bundeswehr sleeping pad makes a good sit mat and you can unfold it to any length up to just over body length if you like, could get a couple of other people on with ya too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
good call, we’ve already got some of the foldable sit mats to make it slightly less bum freezy

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
They are called "trail chairs" in this day and time. Quite a selection at Recreation Equipment Inc., in Seattle, WA.
You put your skiis down and the chair goes on that.
You Heliski for $10,000+ per week here. Good week and you will get 100,000 vertical feet of 6-10' pure powder.
Damn difficult to sit in that for any reason. Are you as fit for powder skiing as you thought you were?

Mark & Regina Aubrey run Crescent Spur Heliski, about 40 miles from my place.
Sorry I don't have a link. Quick Google and you can get the idea of resting once in a while!

I don't think that Rich is talking about that kind of "off piste" skiing...

So you can have a cup of coffee (with a shot in it) and a bite to eat, with the kids - without having to pay the prices in the 3 valleys. Plus when off piste would be handy whilst having Lunch. I can’t find the seats anywhere - not even what they’re called they seem to have completely disappeared. Suggests they weren’t very good.

Mention of "the 3 valleys" makes me think he means the French Alps.

I would probably not bother with any kind of chair or seat. I'd have food and drink break standing.

Or if I think I might really need a sit down, I'd take a mylar survival blanket and either an inflatable cushion or a square cut from a kip mat.

Last edited:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Here, that's "Three Ranges," a good brewery some 90 miles east of me where 3 ranges of mountians come together.
Our powder snow is too soft and too deep to sit in.
Our packed snow and the slope angle makes it a little too slippery.
Do you have "Crazy Carpets" to slide on?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE