Conspiracy Theories

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Conspiracies, doomsday scenarios, UFO's, illuminati, government cover-ups and the all overruling power of the major industries in food, farmaceuticals and oil....
I've done my share of reading; a lot of it, actually and there are just too much clues, hints, facts and coincidences to just dismiss all of it as nonsence.
I have made up my mind. I have given up trying to convince or even tell those, who just do not want to know and I have stopped reading and researching. It was just to hard to handle.
Governments lie, the industries will do anything to make their profits and all this by sacrificing the little man. We are just cattle; an asset, a tool to them.
There are those who know/believe and there are those who are ignorant or choose to remain so.

So be it......

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
Conspiracies, doomsday scenarios, UFO's, illuminati, government cover-ups and the all overruling power of the major industries in food, farmaceuticals and oil....
I've done my share of reading; a lot of it, actually and there are just too much clues, hints, facts and coincidences to just dismiss all of it as nonsence.
I have made up my mind. I have given up trying to convince or even tell those, who just do not want to know and I have stopped reading and researching. It was just to hard to handle.
Governments lie, the industries will do anything to make their profits and all this by sacrificing the little man. We are just cattle; an asset, a tool to them.
There are those who know/believe and there are those who are ignorant or choose to remain so.

So be it......

Well said.:35:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its also true that the vast majority of conspiracy theorists are hopeless misfits who cannot operate in the world as is and are desperately seeking to believe that the reason for this is not just their own inadequacy

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
I predict a bunch of people will accept the writings in a book - or a collection of books - as fact. They won't dare those challenge those facts or validate them for themselves. They will have their lofty leaders upon whom they will confer obscure old fashioned titles for their adherence to the "true path". They will scream at those who challenge their "one true path" despite the fact they have not personally checked the facts that others have informed them are self evidently true - there is only one true science - whole and indivisible.

I dislike science zealots - in the same way I dislike religious zealots

Big difference; one book, no arguments allowed, and lots of books with lots of arguments expected.

You can work out which is which for yourself.:p

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
well clearly not religion as the "one book" then - or you can't have examined the history of the Bible, the apocrypha etc.

I'll have to plump for science being "one book with no arguments allowed" in that case!

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
well clearly not religion as the "one book" then - or you can't have examined the history of the Bible, the apocrypha etc.

I'll have to plump for science being "one book with no arguments allowed" in that case!

No no BR.:p

One religion, one book, one dogma.

One science, one discipline, hundreds of books, thousands of opinions. A scientist's main ambition is to disprove the core belief, not interpret facts to fit the "message".

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere

But if you're going to allow the fact that one group (i.e. government and industries) lie to, and manipulate, those who listen to them, then surely you MUST be awake to the possibility that there are other groups (i.e. those who write books claiming to expose consiracies) who may also be lying and trying to manipulate those who listen to them.
And at that point you must also realise that there is no difference between those 'who are ignorant' and 'those who know/believe'. Those who think they are wise because they 'believe' (or 'know') are also wholly ignorant of the irony and hypocrisy of their position.
Which is why conspiracy theories are damn good fun to read, but believed only by the witless.

I should add, that I am not referring to such 'conspiracies' as 'the government sent us to war in Iraq/Afghanistan under a pretext'. That's politics and is exposed by good old fashioned investigative journalism (not conspiracy theorists). No. By 'conspiracy' I mean such things as 'we didn't go to the moon' or 'the royal family are really extra-terrestrial aliens who eat human flesh and control the world's drug trafficking'. Those types of things.

Last edited:

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Its also true that the vast majority of conspiracy theorists are hopeless misfits who cannot operate in the world as is and are desperately seeking to believe that the reason for this is not just their own inadequacy

Wether it is the vast majority or just a few with a large mouth, I do not know.
There are a lot of levels within these theorists, ranging from the downright stupid, who yell stuff just to be noticed to those who did their homework thoroughly, but are ridiculed and dismissed as the first category, because what they have to say is just to confronting or painfull.
True, there are plenty of those who find comfort in blaming others for their own misery, but personally I think the worst category are those, who refuse to listen and learn for themselves, so they can make up their own mind.....

And that is the vast majority.....

As for the arguments; you can have lots of them and learn that there are more trueths.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
A scientist's main ambition is to disprove the core belief, not interpret facts to fit the "message".

That often depends on who's payroll he/she is....

But if you're going to allow the fact that one group (i.e. government and industries) lie to, and manipulate, those who listen to them, then surely you MUST be awake to the possibility that there are other groups (i.e. those who write books claiming to expose consiracies) who may also be lying and trying to manipulate those who listen to them.
And at that point you must also realise that there is no difference between those 'who are ignorant' and 'those who know/believe'. Those who think they are wise because they 'believe' (or 'know') are also wholly ignorant of the irony and hypocrisy of their position.
Which is why conspiracy theories are damn good fun to read, but believed only by the witless.

You are absolutely right.
People have a tendency to manipulate in order to gain a profit from it and I believe that lots of those so-called believers/knowers are no better, especially when there are profits from booksales at stake, for instance!
Conspiracy theories are not just a damn good read, because if you are serious about knowing, you will look into other sources to see if that what you've learned, is true. If there are several, independant sources, there might be more to it then meets the eye.....

I should add, that I am not referring to such 'conspiracies' as 'the government sent us to war in Iraq/Afghanistan under a pretext'. That's politics and is exposed by good old fashioned investigative journalism (not conspiracy theorists). No. By 'conspiracy' I mean such things as 'we didn't go to the moon' or 'the royal family are really extra-terrestrial aliens who eat human flesh and control the world's drug trafficking'. Those types of things.

I don't know if you can simple catogorise one kind of conspiracy as plausible and another as ridiculous. I personally think that there is a huge grey area in between.
We "serfs" probably will never know.....

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No no BR.:p

One religion, one book, one dogma.

Do you think so BR?

How strange. Have you ever studied the history of Christianity? The stake burnings, the inquisition, the sectarian violence?

You do know there are different books contained in the Catholic bible to the protestant one? And different again in the Greek orthodoxy?

Have you read the gospel of Thomas?

One religion, hundreds of books, lots of expected disagreement and more dogmas than you can count.

Your turn

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
The pyramid of capitalism

liveleakdotcom729d68778.png

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Do you think so BR?

How strange. Have you ever studied the history of Christianity? The stake burnings, the inquisition, the sectarian violence?

You do know there are different books contained in the Catholic bible to the protestant one? And different again in the Greek orthodoxy?

Have you read the gospel of Thomas?

One religion, hundreds of books, lots of expected disagreement and more dogmas than you can count.

Your turn

Yes to all.

BUT: each schism is a seperate religion, with the One Book and the One Path.
Anyone who disagrees with the Book is bound for hell and goes off to start or join another set of followers of The One True God.

This should really open the eyes of the faithful; they ALL insist that they are right, no, they all KNOW that they are right.

Science is willing, eager, to have the current "Truth" superceded.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No it isn't - come on - why do alleged scientists use the phrase "climate change deniers"? Not "healthy debaters" or "sceptics" but a term deliberately designed to resonate with "holocaust denier".

Why did the EPA deliberately suppress an internal report warning against
making hasty "decisions based on a scientific hypothesis that does not appear to explain most of the available data

How many examples would you like of scientists supressing or ridiculing opposing views?

Science is the "new religion" - with all the politics, in-fighting, hatred, self appointed titles and resistance to being queried and cross examined that all other faith based systems require.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE