Condor Tool & Knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
pretty decent for the price, owned several models none came that sharp but part of the charm is modding them to your own needs, if you want perfect out the box go with Mora if you want a little project get a Mora

the kephart was my favorite

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Bob, they made cheap machetes for years and only started making knives a few years ago. It took a while for them to understand the demands of knife buyers in USA and Europe may be different from those needing cheap machetes in South America. Their first production knives all used the same 1075 carbon steel as the machetes which in my opinion isn't a bad steel, but they certainly needed time to learn that knives and machetes are different tools, and that markets outside of S. America had different requirement/demands.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
What are you talking about? We were speaking specifically about the Condor Bushlore, not Condor as a manufacturer. If you had used the time you spent working out how many years it's been since 1787 to actually read a bit of this thread you wouldn't have embarrassed yourself as badly.
Fair enough but iI will go with pesterjohn's explanation as its more logical and less offensive. X
(The OP didn't state any specific models and no one has yet mentioned when the 'bushlore' went into production. The information I had was entirely based on logical conclusions to above posts and I apologise for any offence I have caused)

Last edited:

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
I'm sorry for my post too. I saw the LMAO icon and thought you were laughing at my advice. Sorry for overreacting and for posting a rude reply.
(I've edited my previous post and deleted my offensive comment. bushcraftuk is a better place without it.)

Last edited:

Bladeophile

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2013
Basingstoke UK
Something Dave Canterbury discussed on his new knife video was the ability of the blade to produce a spark from a rock of hardness 7 or above. He demo'd this well - the 3 dollar old butcher knife he uses a lot did best of all. So obviously the carbon content has to be high enough to make fire this way. Mora was okay as he showed, but apparently he does not use/carry Condor knives for this very reason. Yet another reason not to leave your humble Oppi at home.

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
I love Dave Canterbury's videos! I can't imagine Dual Survival without him :(
I can't speak for all Condor knives, but my Condor Bushlore works fantastically with a firesteel and I've found it easy to make sparks with a flint too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE