compzombie slaycutter help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
A zombie slaycutter?
Good grief. Are these the kinds of things that are discussed on British Blades then?
More than just a little embarrassing - I hope no one who knows me professionally reads this thread.
Tell you what, why don't you make yourself one of those Klingon sword/blade thingies as well!
I wonder why knives are getting a bad press...

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
oh well i cant.... its that because its supposed to be a competition cutter (hence the comp bit and the cutter bit) but it will not be to the regulations (hence the zombie slayer bit).

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
Hiya Fella,

My first knife was a massive bowie - see link below. I posted a few months back on BB. Since then done two others - both damascus. I would say with hand tools - it was a complete labour of love, taking weeks of filing. However - it is much harder to go wrong with hand tools as they take less metal away!

If you plan well, and read all the info available on BB and here - you'll be fine. Mick Wardell does a great heat-treat (don't know if he'd do that big though). 01 is fine, but at that size I would agree, a tougher steel might be better (especially if beheading a lot of zombies.....)

Cheers,

BM

http://www.britishblades.com/forums...ie-(working-on-the-principle-bigger-is-better....)
thats the one i was on about!
i will be using a grinder to get the general shape of it then any small bits and finishing bits will be done by hand and dremel.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
i have decided i am doing it to comp cutter regulations because they arent too far from my origional plan, just half the blade length.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE