Completely off topic but if anyone's curious.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
....I got bored the other day and e-mailed Victorinox Canada inquiring about the blade steel used in their knives.

The response that I got this morning is (and I quote directly from my e-mail inbox)

"Mr. Bajan – We are not sure what the steel designation used by our factory in Switzerland is. We recall that it is 440C but that would need to be verified.

We can confirm that each implement is heat treated differently so that it reflects the appropriate hardness and temper needed for the prescribed use of that tool.

Thanks for your interest."

And that's it. Essentially what we have here is poor customer service that cannot answer a simple question that would come from the mouth of a knife nut.

Great, huh?

Adam

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
addyb said:
....I got bored the other day and e-mailed Victorinox Canada inquiring about the blade steel used in their knives.

The response that I got this morning is (and I quote directly from my e-mail inbox)

"Mr. Bajan – We are not sure what the steel designation used by our factory in Switzerland is. We recall that it is 440C but that would need to be verified.

We can confirm that each implement is heat treated differently so that it reflects the appropriate hardness and temper needed for the prescribed use of that tool.

Thanks for your interest."

And that's it. Essentially what we have here is poor customer service that cannot answer a simple question that would come from the mouth of a knife nut.

Great, huh?

Adam

That's great Adam!! We always wanted to know how customer service @ Victorinox Canada was like :lmao:

You must have been really bored ... taking up other persons precious time by spamming them with extremely difficult questions :p

Now I know why those cute Canadian girls (there's one in my french class at uni) come to NL :nana:

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Ahjno said:
That's great Adam!! We always wanted to know how customer service @ Victorinox Canada was like :lmao:

You must have been really bored ... taking up other persons precious time by spamming them with extremely difficult questions :p

Now I know why those cute Canadian girls (there's one in my french class at uni) come to NL :nana:

Yeah Ahjno, I was really bored. I got tired of working on my term papers and decided to take a break. I'm working a ridiculous precis of a paper written in 1937 "The functional autonomy of motives" blah blah blah

And hey, I'm just doing the good people of BCUK a service. Just because I'm obessive doesn't mean I'm not smart! :lmao:

Gee, I'm such a nice guy! :D

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
addyb said:
Yeah Ahjno, I was really bored. I got tired of working on my term papers and decided to take a break. I'm working a ridiculous precis of a paper written in 1937 "The functional autonomy of motives" blah blah blah

And hey, I'm just doing the good people of BCUK a service. Just because I'm obessive doesn't mean I'm not smart! :lmao:

Good answer fella!!:lmao:

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
addyb said:

Is that related to 'behaviourism'? ;)

Didn't say you're not smart or you are being obsessive, that are your own words (but I'm glad you've finally accepted it and are admitting. It's a first step forward mate :p )
Did you told the peeps overhere the history about your Ventile smock? ;) :lmao: :D

We know you are a nice guy! You're a BCUK member :240:

Have a good weekend, and all the best with the intellectual writing!

EDIT:
themac said:
I agree, very good answer to such a 'useful' second post.

I'm more than a little suprised that they can't say what steel they make the blades from...

As if every post has to be useful (in that case we can simply delete 95% of all posts on the forum, saves some precious server space) ... I'm sure you made some 'useful' posts (as in the light as I did) yourself.

Anyway, I wish you a good weekend aswell :D

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Yeah, the paper I'm writing a precis of is related to behaviourism. Well, it's more of a direct stab at it. A behaviourist would say that all human behaviour is founded in innate, biological motives whereas a functional autonomist would say that as a person ages and matures, learned experience takes over from those drives.

You have a good weekend too, man.

Adam

PS: Themac, yeah, it is a little strange that they couldn't tell me what sort of steel is used. Most other knife manufacturers websites I've looked at have their steel posted in plain sight. Like the American Buck knife website. Whatever though, no big thing. :)

themac

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
Milton Keynes
Ahjno - to be 100% honest I read your post as a flame on the guy, I also broke my golden rule (as I have again!) of ignoring posts like that. However maybe English is not your strong point and I'm misreading what you are trying to say. I'll not post in this thread again, in fact I'll not look in it, bad karma and all that...

With any luck you were just being a bit daft, all good luck to you and what goes around comes around so have a great day :D and weekend etc etc :D :) :lmao: :You_Rock_

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
very funny, and well done for not being offended by the replies! almost as funny as the picture i found on here of a stick. type stick into search gallery and see what i mean!

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Oh it's cool, don't worry. Ahjno and I go way back, back to when I first joined the forums. He burns me, I burn him back. All in good fun of course!

If you can't your fun, what's the point?

Adam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE