Complete Collection - Bushtucker Man on VHS Video

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Calling all Bushtucker Man fans!

I have now managed to complete my collection of Bushtucker Man DVDs, thanks to a brother-in-law in Australia (always helps…).

This means that I have ALL of the Bushtucker Man programmes on VHS PAL videotape for sale. It’s an unusual collection – as you’ll see – but all of the programmes are there.

If you want any of these items, THE FIRST PERSON TO PM ME GETS THE ITEM. You can write what you want on the thread afterwards but you must PM me first if you want to buy. Why do I do things this way? Some people prefer that the whole world doesn't know what they're buying/selling, so PMs offer the privacy those people want.

I take Paypal only (mark as ‘Gift’) so please don’t say you want them and then offer me a cheque or cash afterwards (believe me, it happens…). Payment is required within 2 days (48 hrs) of expressing your interest, otherwise the items go back on sale.

I will post 1st class Royal Mail, Signed For. The cost of postage and packing is included in the price.

1. Bushtuckerman “Stories of Survival” – First four programmes of eight. Original VHS Video Tape, ABC Video, Excellent condition. £12

Includes: Coffee Royal Affair, Cannibal Convict, Best Of Them All, Dutch Settlement

2dhy1rl.jpg

2. Bushtuckerman “Stories of Survival” – Last four programmes of eight. Original VHS Video Tape, ABC Video, Excellent condition. £12

Includes: Gold Fever, Passionate Prussian, Great Misadventure, Into The Vilest Country

3. Bushtuckerman, Series 1, Episodes 1-4 (Arnhem Land, The Wet, Desert, Prince Regent Gorge). Excellent Condition. Yorkshire Television, Interactive Learning, Contemporary Issue Series.

5wmn48.jpg

This is unusual as it’s an original cassette released by Yorkshire TV, who ran the Bushtuckerman series on UK TV. It has the first four episodes of series one and is in excellent condition. £12

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The following tapes are perhaps even more unusual. In 1996 I wrote to ABC to find out if the programme was available on video in the UK. At the time, they weren’t officially available; however, ABC London Office offered to copy all of the episodes of both series onto VHS tape for me for £75. I think I funded their Christmas party ...

So, I have four tapes, not in ‘commercial sale’ boxes (see pictures): both series, two tapes per series.

2d7yk52.jpg

2nh01ew.jpg

As you may have seen on the forum, I’m not a fan of ‘hooky’ copies of videos/DVDs/equipment so I have included a copy of the letter from ABC (see picture) to show that these are kosher, officially ‘bought-and-paid-for’ from ABC. If you wish, I'll send a copy with the appropriate videos.

15ceyk2.jpg

I have watched these tapes many, many times and the quality is not brilliant as the sound is sometimes a bit ‘dull’. However, they are all complete, all watchable and you can certainly understand what everyone is saying. So, I will be selling each series (two VHS tapes each) for £7.

4. Series 1 – Arnhem Land, The Wet, Desert, Prince Regent Gorge, Rainforest, Coastal, Doomadgee, Aurukun. Two tapes, £7.

5. Series 2 – Wildman, East to West, Kimberley, Wet Season, Top End, Simpson Desert, Coastal. Two tapes, £7.

I love these programmes and I hope you enjoy them too. I have had a quick look on Amazon and the costs for all of these tapes appears to be a lot higher than I have marked above so I don’t think I’m ripping anyone off.

If you want DVD copies of any of the above, you can get them from The ABC Shop for between £17 and £22 in Australia but you will have to pay P&P from Oz on top. Alternatively, keep an eye on Amazon and eBay as things appear every now and again. Note that you will need a multi-region DVD player for DVDs from Australia (DVD Region 4?).

Any sensible questions, please PM me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE