Competition Time!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
My wife and I went on holiday to Crete about five years ago. We flew out there, and rented a car to drive around the island, renting rooms here and there as we travelled around.

Bear with me, there is a bit of bushy craftiness toward the end.

We arrived at a little village called Kato Zakros, where we got talking to a young man about renting a room for three nights. He put us in touch with someone who rented us a holiday cottage. Small, clean, two gas rings and a small fridge.

Well, knowing from experience that a steering wheel can get unbearably hot when the car is parked in the sun, I'd taken a pair of imitation pigskin gloves (cheap enough that I wouldn't cry if I lost them).

These really came in handy (pun intended) on the first morning when, we looked over the land around us and saw almond trees, pomegranate trees and prickly pear cacti.

Like Baden-Powel said: be prepared.

Breakfast and dinner: straight from the garden.
Supper: ouzo, retsina, locally produced red wine and raki, fresh fruit and veg, freshly caught fish.

My number: 7

Keith.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
ok, the winning numbers are..........

drum roll please.......

as chosen by the oracle, and her mate.......................

1st prize, the bark river mikro. the winng number is........

2nd prize, continuing the tiny knife theme, a little schrade stockman. the winning numer is.........

thanks for all the helpful tips, jokes and entries. :You_Rock_

so who got the closet numbers without going over? surely you can't expect me to read 'em all again?:rolmao: :eek:):

cheers, and.

Hjaltlander

Life Member
Feb 4, 2004
Shetland Isles
Hi Guys

Just trying to be helpful, i think on close inspection of the post's, although i could be wrong, that the winners are...

Kath (post number 30) number 661
Ditchfield (post number 13) number 2798

If i'm wrong i apologise, etc etc

Hjaltlander

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Hjaltlander said:
Hi Guys

Just trying to be helpful, i think on close inspection of the post's, although i could be wrong, that the winners are...

Kath (post number 30) number 661
Ditchfield (post number 13) number 2798

If i'm wrong i apologise, etc etc

Hjaltlander

Looks like you're right Hjaltlander.
Congratulations Kath(!) and Ditchfield! :biggthump :biggthump

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
WOOHOO!!! I've been lusting after a little slipjoint for a while. :-D

Thanks for the great contest Sargey (Your stuff is in the mail BTW).

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Wow! I won! Amazing - coz I never win things usually. Now what was my prize again? Some sort of knife wasn't it??? :wink:

--- Nah just kiddin fellas, it's not going to go to waste on a girl! It looks like a little gem of a knife - I shall put it to very good use!

Cheers Sargey - you are a star! :star:

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
FFFIIIIIXXXXX!!!!!

:roll: :eek:):

i'd just like to point out that it was my daughter emma, and her mate amy, who picked the numbers, so any sore losers, blame them :wave:

ok guys, PM me your snail mail addresses. i'll try to get 'em out this week.

kath do you want the mikro with the factory edge, or really really sharp?

cheers, and.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE