compact brew kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
My most compact one consists of one of these. http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41559&page=2&p=541466#post541466

Tea, coffee, powdered milk (in plastic bags), a permanent match and a bit of PVC outer sleeving from a bit of mains cable (lip shield, ally gets HOT!) all live in the pot with the inverted burner stand.

In the recess above the bottom of the burner stand & under the lid sit my fuel tablets & some cotton wool soaked in Vaseline. This is to stop the rattle of the fuel tabs & provide an alternative fire starter/means of fire with the flint & striker on the permanent match.

I only stopped carrying it a couple of years ago when I changed back to using my nested pots instead of mess tins & got a double walled insulated cup.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Nice kit, reminds me of one of my own. I have switched to using gas of late but no doubt will return to Meths in due time. Making and perfecting these kits to our own tastes is all part of the fun!

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE