Common swift

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Turnstone

Nomad
Apr 9, 2013
Germany
I went out for an evening walk around the block, lovely warm weather today and nature litteraly explodes at the moment, even in the middle of the city. Then for a short moment the traffic noise dissapeared and there was another sound, the sound of summer! The common swifts are back in town :yelrotflm :welcome1:

Just wanted to share, it's a special moment for me when I hear them the first time after winter!

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Saw 2 fox cubs yesterday - might have been the 1st time they ventured out from the burrow under my shed.
(I'm a bit worried about the shed)

Mike

Turnstone

Nomad
Apr 9, 2013
Germany
I haven't heard a single one today. Seems they have chosen to move on for a while as cold and wet weather is approaching. I read somewhere that they travel more than 200 kms a day if the weather doesn't suit them! But I am sure they will be back soon.

Turnstone

Nomad
Apr 9, 2013
Germany
They are back. Saw the first ones on monday, and yesterday I could hear them all the time. It's the sound of summer! :)

nic a char

Settler
Dec 23, 2014
scotland
Once witnessed the swallows arriving in Highland Perthshire - they flew in a seemingly never-ending skein along Loch Tummel, with groups breaking off every so often to check out the various farm buildings along the way, until they had all settled to begin their nest-building = special moments! Ospreys now regular there too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE