Comments on Swandri Mosgiel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScanDgrind

Banned
Mar 18, 2004
Cornwall
Hi Guys,

I need a new jacket for Bushcraft. I've been cosidering the Swandri Mosgiel but as no shops around here sell them I cannot get to have a look at one before buying. How do you guys rate them? I know I'll need a waterproof layer as well as this jacket but what else can you tell me about them. I've also got a few questions below that I'd be real pleased if anyone could answer for me.

1) Are they tough and will it wear well with hard use?
2) How many pockets do they have and are they a decent size?
3) Is it worth spending a little extra on the Xtreme version?
4) How good is the hood, does it flop over your eyes or is it too small?
5) Can you just chuck it in the washing machine or does it need special treatment?

Also can anyone give me any other options for a jacket which will keep me warm and be impervious to the odd spark from the fire? Oooh and hopefully cheaper.

Cheers,

Tony

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
hi there mate, check out the review section of the site, there was a review of one of these jackets, and also a test on how well nikwax washin proofing agents did.
steve

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
The Mosgiel - is the perfect compromise between a bushshirt and a jacket.

Being made of wool they are safe around the camp fire and will remain warm even when wet for up to six days.

You mention needing a waterproof layer - not any more! The Mosgiel Xtreme this has a waterproof, breathable and windproof layer.

They also come in Olive green.

You couldnt do much better generally speaking but you could buy a lot worse in my opinion and I'm not just saying that because we stock them.

Anything else you want to know about the Mosgiel or any other Swanndri product just ask.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE