Coln18 - A True Credit To The Forum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
As some of you may have seen I requested a swap for a white box stove at the start of this week. Colin offered me one for free and even paid the shipping, he also stated that he was going to add a few 'surprises' in the box, well I collected this morning and was simply blown away with his generosity. In the box there was a DPM poncho, a DPM small zip bag with mesh front, a windshield, a LMF spork, loads of paracord, my white box stove and a good few other things (Box is in the car and I'm at work so these are the things I remember as I didn't have lots of time to properly look this morning.).

I would like to extend my deepest thanks to Colin for such a kind gesture, he's a real credit to the forum :D

Anyways Col, the Jagermeisters are on me for the next meet!! :D

Thanks again mate :)

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
You'll make him blush - ahh It must be love.

I think I am right in thinking that Coln is one of the younger ones on these forums and it is very good to see that the stigma placed on some of the younger generation does not apply to him.

One thing that I see time and time again in these forums is the generosity of its users not only with knowledge and time but now with posessions and finances.

Great to see

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
You'll make him blush - ahh It must be love.

I think I am right in thinking that Coln is one of the younger ones on these forums and it is very good to see that the stigma placed on some of the younger generation does not apply to him.

One thing that I see time and time again in these forums is the generosity of its users not only with knowledge and time but now with posessions and finances.

Great to see

Yep your so right in saying im one of the younger generation, but i take it your about 90 years old then mate, cause im 40 but thanks for the complement :lmao:

I only did what i did this week, because i know Scott is just starting out in bushcraft and its always hard to build kit up when your young, money doesnt go far these days.

Also more than once on this forum, i have asked about kit and people have sent me it, so im only passing on what better people than me have taught me on this wonderful forum and if it can make someone happy for a while so much the better

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
Yep your so right in saying im one of the younger generation, but i take it your about 90 years old then mate, cause im 40 but thanks for the complement :lmao:

I only did what i did this week, because i know Scott is just starting out in bushcraft and its always hard to build kit up when your young, money doesnt go far these days.

Also more than once on this forum, i have asked about kit and people have sent me it, so im only passing on what better people than me have taught me on this wonderful forum and if it can make someone happy for a while so much the better

I thought that you were in your early twenties for some reason must have mixed you up with another forum name my apologies but still it very good to see the genrosity of others especially is the financial climate we are in, I would do the same if I had spare kit which is not being used which could have a use elswhere - waste not want not. Kit has no value if it is not used.

Puddock

Nomad
Nov 7, 2010
Dumfries and Galloway
The reality is that it all weighed too much for his lightweight tastes :)

All joking apart a really nice gesture, and I echo what others say about the forum, a great bunch of folk, keen to help out, non judgemental and very generous both with time, effort and kit.

:35: to you all

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Just so Col's head doesn't get that big he can't get into his gorgeous tent, a few days ago I asked a question about gas stoves. Jason (JAG009) sent me a PM saying he had one I could have. When it arrived, I was surprised to find 2 boxes, the first contained the stove which I was thrilled to bits with, the second had written on the outside 'just so you can find your stove in the dark' inside was a 9 led torch. I was gob smacked.

Much respect to you both and lots of man love n stuff (as Scott would say)

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE