Collins & Co., Hartford Machete in its original leather sheath.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baggy

Settler
Oct 22, 2009
Essex, UK
www.markbaigent.co.uk
Sold

Collins & Co., Hartford Machete in its original leather sheath.

I would like to sell this but I have no idea of the value of this and wondered if anyone here would like to make an offer?

Blade 14 inches, handle 5 inches

Quote from Davis town Museum
"According to their 1921 catalog, tools bearing the mark "Collins & Co., Hartford" is used on their premium products whereas "R. King," "Bx Swift," "Bv Wise" and "Charter Oak" are used on their budget lines of products."

I brought it in Belize in 1977 from a tool shop where they cut off fancy tassles and sold them to farmers.

Note that there is some surface rust next to the handle and three scratches (can be felt with thumbnail) to the left of the label.

machette_logo.jpg

machette_front.jpg

machetteback.jpg

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Technically, I should ask that a price, including the p&p and fees, is clearly given in the thread.
I can't move it into Bushcraft chatter, or one of the sharps and shinies forums, since it really is a sales thread.

However, due to Baggy's sound rep, his long term status, that the thread is clearly explained, etc., I'm going to leave it and hope someone comes up with a way to give a fair value for this knife and sheath asap.

This is a one off; but I can't really see a way round it without pulling it, and that's a bit harsh.

cheers,
Toddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE