Coleman lantern advice please gentlemen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Looking for a small petrol Coleman lantern and seen the 226 model, compact, single mantle with a 3 hour run time and 80 watts for 25 quid, does anyone have any experience of this little lantern ?

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Cracking lantern, I have the Exponent version (much the same thing). IIRC they were not sold in the UK because they failed the 'tilt' test (I think Anchor brand did too) i.e. how far you could tilt them before they fell over. Now, if your the sensible type and either hang your lantern or put it on a flat surface this test means not a lot.

Very bright but a small tank which will need a pump every fifteen minutes IF you need a really bright light and you will use the fuel in the small tank in a couple or three hours; however what I've done in the past is use it at high level for camp setup or starting your cooking sort of the thing and then just let the pressure drop as it will and the lantern will burn as bright as a Hurricane lantern and last a few hours. Runs very happily on panel wipe or Aspen 4T.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I always do things the wrong way round with eBay, I had pressed the buy it now button before I did any research then asked on here :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE