Coldsteel Kukri/Machete sheath?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hi, I have just brought a Coldsteel Kukri Machete,And I have to say I like,but the Sheath is pretty naff.
I'm trying to find out if somebody knows a way to make the existing sheath more sturdy,as it's well flimsy,and I wouldn't feel that safe carrying it in the woods the way it is.
Any Help welcome.
cheers

NikDarkwood

Sep 2, 2009
Hampshire
Just in case anyone reads this after all these years. It's posible to stiffen up the existing stock sheath by the simple expediant of painting it with oil based paint. 2+ coats of gloss + 1 of mat or satin varnish. This makes it a lot stiffer and more durable.
Also from personal experience for carrying the blade in a pack the stock sheath is more than adequate.

Mar 22, 2014
Waco,Texas
Just in case anyone reads this after all these years. It's posible to stiffen up the existing stock sheath by the simple expediant of painting it with oil based paint. 2+ coats of gloss + 1 of mat or satin varnish. This makes it a lot stiffer and more durable.
Also from personal experience for carrying the blade in a pack the stock sheath is more than adequate.

I have a Cold Steel Jungle Machete coming--thanks for the tip Bro

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE