Cold/Warm Case

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Been a while since I did a tracking cold case, so here is a new one. As usual, what species left this?

28Jan20117.jpg

28Jan20116.jpg

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Looks a bit Kestrely to me JD,...

edit,....buzzardy too , just noticed the scale,..

Last edited:

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
tawny owl pellet? but would be better if you had a second shot with it broken up cause some of the bones almost look fishlike?

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
i found one of these the outher day at first i thought it was a dead mouse ,so when i got home i looked it up and found out that it was a owl or anouther bird of preys feces ,inless you saw the bird stool i think it would be hard to pin point what owl or even whatouther bird of prey that done it ,il have a quess at a tawny?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
i found one of these the outher day at first i thought it was a dead mouse ,so when i got home i looked it up and found out that it was a owl or anouther bird of preys feces ,inless you saw the bird stool i think it would be hard to pin point what owl or even whatouther bird of prey that done it ,il have a quess at a tawny?

Owl pellets aren't faeces, they are the regurgitated undigested fur and bones. Owls eat their prey whole most of the time, so it is well worth dissecting them to see what species they have eaten. They are pretty distinctive from each other, as other bird pellets are, and you can easily tell the species from prey items in the pellet.

Still, no one has this correct. I may get a picture of the insides to shine more light on it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE