Cold but Rewarding Canoe on Loch Ard

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Had a cold, 1degs C, but rewarding paddle up Loch Ard today, volcano stoves for lunch in the sun on the sheltered side of the bothy island. Great to have a powerful wavesailing windsurfer as a bow paddler !

Simon taking sunset photos at 4pm, straps frozen on now. The put in at the lochside.

100_2723.JPG

These next photos were taken with Simon's waterproof Headcam, slightly wide angle. Mainly for MTb and windsurf and WW canoeing shots.

The first, rocky prison island.

PICT0015-1.jpg

Lunch stop, on the Bothy Island.

PICT0363-1.jpg

PICT0357-1.jpg

PICT0356.jpg

Reflection.
PICT0371.jpg

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
No, but we struggled with damp twigs after the dry, brown, bracken had burnt thru. Seems best to let it get going and volcanoing, large flames, then get the pot on. Defintely handy having the water bottle for boiling and the mug for drinking and cooking.

I had used the stove with hexy tablets on a mtn bike trip a few days earlier at Loch Sloy dam.

I also used it today with heather and paper, on the summit of Ben Cleuch for hot choc, very cold on the summit, numb cheeks, bum and face ! The wind really helped it today. Like a kelly kettle.

Nick

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Excellent. I've found that a pinch of Duraglit when lit will give a flame of about 2-3inches which is get for getting the rest of the fuel lit, but you're right about getting it started before putting the cup on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE