Colchester Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Be nice if you posted this on the SXO site too buddy, i'm sure some of the guys will be interested.

Here's an open invitation to anyone in the Colchester and surrounding area to join a new group in North Essex. We have a few areas locally and also around Suffolk and we go out once or twice a month. (currently with Suffolk Group)
I also have a local farmer who has a lot of woodland who is thinking about allowing a permanent base next year.
This is great fun for any extra forces out there who want to rekindle some old skills with like minded people. But also open to anyone regardless of the background.

Pull up a sandbag and join us............ Add your name here if interested.

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Hi, I'm Mike from Clacton, I'm new to this forum and have just come back to the outdoor life after some 20yrs. I would be keen to join a local group and learn some new skills and possibly pass on my experiance (what I can remember).

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi, I'm Mike from Clacton, I'm new to this forum and have just come back to the outdoor life after some 20yrs. I would be keen to join a local group and learn some new skills and possibly pass on my experiance (what I can remember).

Hi Mike, welcome to BCUK, as Paul says pop on to the suffolk thread, say hello, if your about we got a weekender on teh 1st/2nd March at orchards at wickham maket if you want pop anlong and say hi.

RichardStansfield

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 18, 2012
Harlow
Well thats alot closer for me Paul ;-)

Anyone tried this place?

Bouncers
Wickham Bishops, Essex

As anyone from that neck of the woods will tell you, there's far more to Essex than Dagenham. Indeed, travel to the north of the county and the countryside is positively Suffolkian.

And in case you are in any doubt about just how bucolic it can get, for a small fee Bouncers' owner Ann will collect you from Witham station in her pony and trap. Her campsite is spread across a smallholding boasting seven acres of woods and just 10 pitches, so there are plenty of nooks and crannies to hide away in. You can even bring a hammock and string it up between the 300-year-old trees.

No tent? No problem. There are two large tents available, or you can splash out on the two Gypsy caravans and cook your supper in the cauldron over an open fire. Just one word of warning – if it's peace and quiet you're after, you might want to avoid 9–10 July, the one weekend a year when the site plays host to open-air opera.

Easter–Oct and Christmas/New Year; from £12 per pitch per night (1 adult), £4 per extra adult per night, £3 per child (under 16) per night, pre-erected tents from £20 per night, Gypsy caravans (sleeps up to 5) £80 per night; 01621 894112

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Went for a walk today to a local military wood that we sometimes use, I saw a homemade shelter last time so thought it must be another like minded few using the wood, today I saw it like this
y8u2aha7.jpg
jy2yza4a.jpg
urutanyz.jpg

Beer cans, torn tarps all over, broken chairs, more worrying shotgun cartridges everywhere. Armed trespass people! It a criminal offence.
Don't they realise it ruins it for everyone, I'm going to go back with some bin bags and clear it up.

Really grips my sh*t as we used to say in the army.

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Out in Colchester woods this weekend with eldest son (17) in his new Highlander nomad hammock and tarp. He's not slept in a hammock before so looking forward to his opinion. Anyone is welcome to tag along

FioFO

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE