Coffee

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Cuban coffee is delicious.hard to get here in England.
Colombian dark roast is my coffee of choice but I've recently found the Brazilian roast ...And it's beautifully aromatic.
I like Java too but the king of coffees for me has to be the Ethiopian bean ...

That's is black gold and best drunk with no sugar or milk.....

Last edited:

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Was treated to small bag of Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee christmas before last and liked that a lot but bit expensive for everyday chugging

OK, OK, I'm sure that Jamaican and Cuban are great. But, in my book it's very hard to top the Peruvian coffee from James' Gourmet Coffee. It ain't cheap, but in my book it's roasted to perfection rather than to perdition and is the ultimate antidote to a **** day. Give it a try, and if you don't like it, pm me and I'll give you my address so you can send any remaining to me!!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I'm a big fan of the foolproof Taylor's Hot Lave Java. It forgives schoolboy errors such as water too hot, and gives a consistent rounded flavour.

I use an Aeropress for my main brew and have a Wacaco Minipresso for a true crema espresso.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
d82a78ed0198026fe61c6e4e4cd218b7.jpg

Gaggia espresso machine for the illy coffee ...

Only way to start the morning...

PS-
Please ignore the bottle of St. Emillion Grande cru ...
That's the subject of perhaps another thread 😎

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Roasting technique matters as much as source.
Coffee beans are roasted less than a mile from my house here in the village.
As good as or better than anything else from BC (Kicking Horse).
Retail is $15/lb.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The best I've ever had was back when I was a kid. My parents found an old fashioned, wall mounted hand grinder like they grew up with (before pre-ground coffee was sold in stores) Somewhere Daddy found green coffee beans (again, the way they had grown up buying before they were sold already parched) and we parched them ourselves the old fashioned way at home in the oven before grinding them.

Edit to add: Just surfing around the net and it appears green coffee beans are much easier to than when I was a kid.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That looks the business, Santaman2000 :)
I do have a little grinder, and it does get used, but tbh, coffee….hmmm, I'd rather have tea. Himself won't drink tea though, so I try to buy him decent coffee. Kenyan Blue Mountain was his favourite for years, but last couple of times I bought it, it just wasn't the same. It was terribly bland somehow.
He uses a Bodum pebo set up to brew his coffee….well, old science teacher, y'know? all that bubbling chemically aparatus type set up still has an appeal, just he has to use a wee spirit burner instead of the gas bunsen :D

BodumPEBO300.jpg

https://www.bodum.com/gb/en/1208

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
That burner's really cool Toddy!

I suspect the taste difference would be minimal for most people. Even the way I described it as being the "best I've ever had" was likely to be due to the enthusiasm of a boy seeing his parents and grandparents showing him the way they had grown up.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I brew with:

• Cold Press
  • Espresso
  • Aeropress
  • French Press
  • Czeve (Turkish)

I've probably missed at least one method :eek:

I keep meaning to try Drip.

I want to try Syphon brewing and also Cold Drip.

At some point I should probably get a stove top percolator ...

You could say I like my coffee :D

(I like dark roasts but I've never really seen the appeal of 'Cowboy Coffee' as it highlights/magnifies the bitter notes :( )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE