coffee

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
N

Nomad

I used to have a filter coffee maker at home that had a 'paperless' filter cone - it had a fine plastic mesh instead. Long gone, now, but I'd like to find another filter cone like that (there is an outdoorsy one somewhere for about a tenner, but I haven't looked into it yet).

I would have to be really struggling and desperate to reuse the grounds if that's what you mean. Coffee must be fresh brewed to taste right - even real coffee that's been in a flask for an hour or two is revolting (I'd rather drink rat pack instant tea, and I don't drink tea).

N

Nomad

I want to avoid using filter papers on the basis that they aren't much use if they get wet. Also want something compact (so no mocha pot). Google "gsi ultralight java drip" for the thing that I'm thinking of.

greenwood

Forager
Jan 2, 2012
Wild Wiltshire

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Lyons coffee bags. Jacko1066 turned me onto these.

IMO, they taste just as good as a cafetiere coffee. As lightweight and simple as real coffee gets. :)

TBH though, I still prefer the taste of Nescafe Espresso instant over the above and also most proper coffee including all Costa's coffee and the like.

The best coffee I have ever had was brewed in the woods volunteering with a wildlife trust 20 years ago. A simple silver coffee pot with the grinds floating freely and never washed out. Not even a sock to catch the grinds, we offered the grinds at the bottom of the cup to the slugs :approve:

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I use a small plastic coke bottle to put ground coffee in, a tea strainer that I've reduced the handle a bit to fit inside my small billy can and that's about it. Boil water, chuck in coffee, pour into mug via tea strainer = nice cup of coffee.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
They do Rik very well - but not on a camp fire! I have wondered about those chestnut roasters with a hand turned paddle

Hog On Ice

Nomad
Oct 19, 2012
Virginia, USA
They do Rik very well - but not on a camp fire! I have wondered about those chestnut roasters with a hand turned paddle

there are popcorn poppers with a hand turned paddle arrangement also - for example Whirley Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper -

10562322.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE