Coconut water carrier

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
@Keith_Beef - Sawing it and half and gluing back together wouldn't be as sturdy or as elegant as a solid water carrier and it adds the extra complication of sealing, but sure, if it was the only possibility..
I agree entirely, that it is less elegant. But I've found that a coping saw makes short work of a coconut and makes removing the flesh so much easier. I didn't bother to seal the shells I used, since they were only to be used for one summer, and then be recycled as fire starters.

@richtheclimber - Won't work, the hole is so small that rodents probably aren't going to be able to sink their teeth into the flesh inside

And I'm pretty sure that a rodent that can smell the flesh will gnaw a bigger hole in the shell, and right where you don't want it to be.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I agree entirely, that it is less elegant. But I've found that a coping saw makes short work of a coconut and makes removing the flesh so much easier. I didn't bother to seal the shells I used, since they were only to be used for one summer, and then be recycled as fire starters.

And I'm pretty sure that a rodent that can smell the flesh will gnaw a bigger hole in the shell, and right where you don't want it to be.

A mouse can fit through a hole the diameter of a pencil apparently.

wildranger

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 29, 2011
Ireland
Oh okay, thanks guys, maybe you're right that a mouse will be able to get in, but it's going to take several visits to clean out the meat, maybe it's worth a try, I'll give it a go if the vinegar doesn't dissolve the flesh

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Oh okay, thanks guys, maybe you're right that a mouse will be able to get in, but it's going to take several visits to clean out the meat, maybe it's worth a try, I'll give it a go if the vinegar doesn't dissolve the flesh

Forget the mouse idea - screwdriver proggling then follow up after with other stuff to dissolve rather than soaking it all out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE