Cocobolo camp knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wozbo

Tenderfoot
Dec 8, 2007
south yorkshire
Hi thought you might like to see my new knife iv made, its 3mm 01 5"blade 10"overall
cocobolo scales no liners ss pins. thanks for looking all comments welcome.

2010_02040008.jpg

2010_02040006.jpg

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Lovely work Warren. Still loving the butcher style :D

Really going to have to get round to doing something similar. Need to fully re setup my grinding platform first though as i'm not too keen on the idea of my usual scandi grind on one.

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
Lovely work Warren. Still loving the butcher style :D

Really going to have to get round to doing something similar. Need to fully re setup my grinding platform first though as i'm not too keen on the idea of my usual scandi grind on one.

Try it free hand? :D

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Its possible. i'd have to have something behind the knife to stop it flying off the belt ( had that happen before :D) lay the blade flat on it and just put pressure on the leading edge. Thinking on it, i think this would put a decent grind on TBH.

Hmm, going to have a try on an offcut. See how it fares.

In a way though i do do my grinds free hand, well i'd call it semi free hand. Horizontal belt, with a plate fixed at 12 degrees. i just lay the blade on it and do it free hand on that :)

like this

IMG_7085.jpg

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Do you mind giving me a bit of advice about the grind when i'm ready for it mate?

Sorry for the little deviation above :)

wozbo

Tenderfoot
Dec 8, 2007
south yorkshire
Not at all mate just give us a shout . i do these with the blade clamped to an old hinge ,just let me know and ill take a pic to show you. it helps having the big grinder now. cant see why that set up youv got wouldnt work. you,d just have to alter the angle.

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Not at all mate just give us a shout . i do these with the blade clamped to an old hinge ,just let me know and ill take a pic to show you. it helps having the big grinder now. cant see why that set up youv got wouldnt work. you,d just have to alter the angle.

Cheers mate :)

Thats the problem, Its fixed at that angle. Like i said, i would have to reconfigure the whole thing.

I was going to get a radius master in a couple of weeks, but decided to go down the forging route instead. I was going to see if there was any of those grinders left that Culloch organised the buy on. I reckon i could sort a better set up out on that pretty cheap.

wozbo

Tenderfoot
Dec 8, 2007
south yorkshire
I see what you mean now mate,you could do with your belt running vertical and an extension table so you can use a jig.them culloch grinders might be just the thing you need.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE