Coastal fishing/foraging session.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm looking at the dates of 25th to 27th June.
I'm rather loathe to putting any details on a public forum so PM if interested.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
I can't fella as it is the wknd of Glastonbury....
I know Jon is also going to be at Glasto so that will be both of us out of the game

Sorry... Shame cos i would of loved to join ya. Maybe next time

Last edited:

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I can't fella as it is the wknd of Glastonbury....
I know Jon is also going to be at Glasto so that will be both of us out of the game

Sorry... Shame cos i would of loved to join ya. Maybe next time

Damn, I never realised that. I'll be going down to the beach most weeks anyway whilst this weather is kicking out so you'll get plenty of chances to come down.
We need to get out with your camera round my way at some point too, there's all sorts going on.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
as Jay says, i be at glasto me lurver! :(

well :D really as although id love to do the meet, glastonbury is my annual pilgrimage to the land of fun and frolicks

have fun anyways :)

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Damn, I never realised that. I'll be going down to the beach most weeks anyway whilst this weather is kicking out so you'll get plenty of chances to come down.
We need to get out with your camera round my way at some point too, there's all sorts going on.

That's not a problem mate.
I am free most weekends... Just give me a shout when your doing something and want some company!

J

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Nice one Josh.
If you're really struggling with transport (or anyone for that matter), if you can at least get to Yeovil I can always drive across and pick you up.

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
I'll provisionaly book myself in as I should have finished college by then however I'll confirm nearer the time.

Regards
Ben

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Can you tell us a bit ore about the terrain that you are thinking of visiting & will we be setting off from somewhere we can drive to, leaving the car for a couple of days. I would like to get an idea of what kind of 'campsite' we would be using etc.. Thanks

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
After initial high hopes I will not be able to join you unfortunately

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Out of interest could you give me an idea of roughly how far from the cars you were thinking of walking so I can pack accordingly. i.e a few hundred yards, a few miles or a few tens of miles. Thanks

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Out of interest could you give me an idea of roughly how far from the cars you were thinking of walking so I can pack accordingly. i.e a few hundred yards, a few miles or a few tens of miles. Thanks

I'd advise to carry what you'd be comfortable carrying on normal terrain for a 10 mile hike say. Not saying that's how far we'll be going but 200 metres on shingle feels like walking a mile!
The first night won't be too far from the cars, the next morning we'll drive to the next location and have a walk out. That's the provisional plan anyway, conditions may dictate.
The biggest recommendation is taking some protection against the sun, if it's blazing the salt air will dry you out and you'll burn in next to no time.
I'm going lightweight. The bulk/weighty items are - one rod/reel, end tackle (lead weights), lightweight sleeping bag, goretex bivvy, water bottle.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Thanks, that is pretty much what I thought. I have a few options but I will try them out on the dunes down the road first to see how the work in the wind. Presumaby we will be able to find some fire wood but I will bring another cooking option in case we can't.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Thanks, that is pretty much what I thought. I have a few options but I will try them out on the dunes down the road first to see how the work in the wind. Presumaby we will be able to find some fire wood but I will bring another cooking option in case we can't.

There's always driftwood knocking about, but you can never be too sure as to how much of it there'll be. I'll PM you my mobile number so you can give me a ring and that'll make it easier to sort out the nitty gritty.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE