Clover "knot" making sets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have two of these, both from the Asian Knot series of packs.
One makes a ball knot and one makes the flat square flower knot.

I have opened both, had a quick look through and put them back together again. They honestly look like new un-opened kits.

I've had a look on google and the cheapest I can find one of them is £2.80 before postage, usually they're somewhere around the 3 or 4 pounds before postage.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?cli...fe_rd=cr&ei=LoLgVOvxPPP88wemiYHADg&gws_rd=ssl

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c...QKMmj7AbWyYDQCw&ved=0CEsQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=533

£7.50 delivered for the two sets. (I think the postage is going to be small parcel :sigh:)
Payment by paypal please.

cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Replies to questions by pm….

"Why are you selling these?"

Because I'm not going to use them. I work at times with the public, part of that is making things with children that they take away with them. I bought these thinking they'd work with the cordage they made and would make keyring things or pendants or somesuch like thing. Though the plastic guides are robust enough for a lot of use, it just takes too long for every individual one when I really want to get through forty or fifty an hour.

"Are the instructions clear enough for a child (7year old) ? or a not very good with his hands adult?"

Yes, they are, and the cordage that comes with them (rat tail) is easily bought too. They'll work with fine string, climber's accessory cord, thick thread.
I had a look through, had a read, had a quick play with a bit of black cord that I had for chokers, and it was pretty straightforward. I think you'd get much quicker with practice, once the weaving pattern becomes familiar.

"what do they actually make ?"

Decorative knots and balls. The kind of things that finish off cords, or make tabs/tags for key rings, zips, etc.
The flower knots I had thought would make pendants or fancy trims for presents.
I thought the balls would work as key ring things for boys (think monkey's fists) or as the starting knot and 'button' for friendship style woven bracelets.
Funny how many boys take to the intricacies of weaving things like these. It's as though their minds are hard wired to work out 'how' things fit together :)

"If they don't cost the small packet size to post, will you refund the difference?"

Tbh, I haven't a clue how to do that with my paypal, but if it turns out that the postage is buttons, I'll put some lengths of cord into an envelope and post that too :) Fair enough ?

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE