Clipper leather sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RM27

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 17, 2010
UK
Im going to atempt to make a leather sheath for my more clipper, however id like to do this via a printable pattern but googles given me no help in searching for one.

So does anyone have a pattern for the mora clipper sheath?

Hi RM27, I don't have any templates that I can pass on as they are from previous attempts at sheaths and have gone wrong so I keep it as a template or I do it without one

If you can't find a template, why not try making one out of cardboard? You could draw the pattern you want on it and wrap it around the knife to see if it fits and then transfer that to the leather with any modifications.

S

steelyglint

I've just finished rehandling a Mora clipper, the red and black plastic one I've rehandled it in olive ash and it looks the mutts I'll be starting on it's sheath this weekend I'll post up some pics for you if it goes right !

RM27

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 17, 2010
UK
I've just finished rehandling a Mora clipper, the red and black plastic one I've rehandled it in olive ash and it looks the mutts I'll be starting on it's sheath this weekend I'll post up some pics for you if it goes right !

Looking forward to it, how did u secure the blade into the new base?

S

steelyglint

The handle is a 2 piece job, basically 2 blocks of wood inlet with a 1/4 chisel to the shape of the tang then clamped and glued with gorilla glue which is strong foaming pu adhesive, many will tell you epoxy resin is the only thing to use but I prefer this stuff it cures quicker and foams up to fill any gaps or voids.

If I can work out how I'll post a pic if you are interested.

Makes a much nicer knife than the original clipper although they are great budget knives.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE