climping tape knot ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
i want to make a loop in the end of some climbing tape i've got so i can fasten it to my hammock, i don't have access to a sewing machine, can anyone recomend a suitable knot to do this.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Aragorn said:
i want to make a loop in the end of some climbing tape i've got so i can fasten it to my hammock, i don't have access to a sewing machine, can anyone recomend a suitable knot to do this.
Try putting 'climbers tape knot' onto google images. I just did and got some useful pics :)

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
slightly off topic, but how long do the tapes need to be? and what's the best way to attach them to the hammock (group buy)...should I have two seperate tapes on each end or just one?
:confused:

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
this is where i got mine from, http://www.kayaksandpaddles.co.uk/c...oducts/edelrid-tape.htm?con=Continue+Shopping
think majickelly first recomended them, really quick delivery too, i bought 10mtrs, 5mts for each end of the hammock.

eds having trouble visualiseing what you mean any chance you can edit this pic in paint etc, and re post. thanks.

knots_water01.jpg

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I know this might sound a bit daft but when I was getting started climbing I found one of the most usefull and informative things out there was an Edelrid climbing rope catalogue, well that and a Petzl climbing and caving gear catalogue.

Showed me the knots I needed with little diagrams and all sorts of usefull stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE