Climbing rope wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

James1173

Dec 29, 2013
Marchington (staffordshire)
I'm after some climbing rope, 50foot ish or longer if anybody can help? I've got a few things to trade like used and unused desert boots size 9. issued bashas dpm and desert pattern. dpm bergans. mtp pouches like ammo pouches water bottle pouches etc. camelbacks with desert & dpm pouches. mtp& dpm jackets & trousers. ecw mittens. issued shovel. And plenty of other bits and bobs that I'd have to dig out to remember. Thanks

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
James, are you wanting to use the rope for climbing or for a project? I wouldn't use a 2nd hand rope for climbing, unless it was off someone that I knew very well who could tell me the full history of the rope.

Cheers, Michael.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I hope that the rope is not wanted for climbing ... I would never trust a second hand rope!
I have however made some great rope mats from old 9mm dynamic and for hammocking second hand climbing 11mm would be acceptable (it is not going to take any falls is it?) - for climbing/safety rope application I would only trust ropes that were new or had a full usage log (if I knew the seller) with them.
Sorry - I cannot help you with any rope ... it has all been repurposed already :)

James1173

Dec 29, 2013
Marchington (staffordshire)
I need the rope for descending some quite steep ground, I'm not using it for climbing as such so out of preference I would prefer a static rope but it's not really critical for what I need. Thanks for concern about using it for climbing though. And if anybody would like to swap anything else I'd be keen to here what you have.

treetop57

Forager
Sep 1, 2012
dumfrieshire
hi if your not using the rope for climbing and just desending then you would be better off with tree climbing rope as it do's not have the give that rock climbing rope has so you could assend and desend using a simple prusuk knot.hope this helps .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE