Clay for Bushmoot

shelly

Admin
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Deepest Wales
Hi, Just wondering whether anyone would be able to bring some clay to the Bushmoot. The kids had a great time with it last year and it would be fun if they could make some clay monsters, sticking feathers, leaves, sticks, berries etc to it. Obviously it won't be fired, just to be used as an activity for the kids.
Thanks, Shelly

shelly

Admin
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Deepest Wales
We have quite a few children coming and it would be just to play with, but it would be nice for them all to have a go and have a clay monster competition! So however much we could get would be great.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I remember reading about clay pot making in Rays' best book, and he reckons you should dry it out and crumble it into a powder, then add scorched sandstone, and rehydrate to a clay consistency ready to make pots. I assume this is to get rid of bits of leaf and what not, stones or large deposits, etc. I realise if the kids are just playing with it it is not necessary, I just mention in case there are any clay workers here who can expand on it a bit. I'm gonna go and look, but we don't really see much pottery making on here, I reckon it would be a good subject to see every so often.

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
Just before turning right to go to Merthyr Mawr there is a working Pottery at Ewenny, don't know wether they'd be prepared to let you have some clay.

regards

beach bum

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE