Clas Ohlson any good?

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
Having read a few threads where Clas Ohlson have had cheap Mora knives is there any other reason for going?
There's one opened in Doncaster, and not too far from me. Is it worth a trip?

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
What Robin said..... There is a fair amount of decent bushcrafty stuff, knives axes etc, some of their tools are good The "COCRAFT" stuff is quite cheap and usually has a 10 yr or lifetime guarantee. Best bet is to go for a look and make up your own mind.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Don't go!

You'll leave with loads of stuff & a serious dent in your bank balance :)

Some things you might fancy:

72 Natural firelighters
Cheap LED torch
Silva Compass

& loads more :)

Gweedo

Forager
Jun 23, 2005
Wales
In Sweden it's often called 'grandfather's babysitter' as you can dump a bloke in there and he'll spend ages just rummaging around. We've got a new one in Cardiff - well worth a look.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
we have just had one open in the midlands and its great, love that shop, can spend ages in there, and if you use a dremel its great for bits.

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
I fell in love with their little multitool with a built in torch for a tenner.

They tend to keep their knives off shelf, so ask someone their if that's what you're looking for.

Ian S

On a new journey
Nov 21, 2010
Edinburgh
I'm waiting for Clas Ohlson to open a branch in (or near) Scotland - I think it's a great shop.

The caveat about some of the stuff they sell being on the cheap and nasty side is correct, but they also sell some great stuff (branded names, even - Mora and Trangia to name but two) for superb prices.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE