Clark NX-250 Jungle Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
WITHDRAWN - NOW UP ON EBAY

This is a very lightly used Clark NX-250 hammock. The integrated zip-off bug net and cover effectively create a tent suspended between the trees, and the big flysheet ensures you stay dry whatever the weather.

I've made a couple of minor modifications to it:
- Replaced the original hanging lines with 10mm dyneema rope (I find it easier to handle)
- Added a removable shock-cord line inside the hammock to hang torches etc
- Added a fixed ridgeline rope to the rain fly with prussics to attach. The rope was brand new, from a Woodlore Auscam tarp

You can find the full spec here: http://www.junglehammock.com/models/nx250/index.php

I've slept in this for about 15 nights in total, and absolutely love it, but now that my son's getting into bushcraft I find I have to carry both my kit and some of his, so this doesn't get a look in (also got an ultralight Hennessy). I've slept out in -10 degrees (see picture), using a thermarest and underquilt, and it was absolutely toasty. Other than the modifications, the hammock is in 'as new' condition, no stains, marks, rips or tears, and very clean indeed.

The auction includes:
- NX-250 hammock including flexible poles and drip rings
- RX-250 rain fly
- 2 x TS-100 tree hugger straps (6ft long)
- Original hanging lines

These are $429 new, and by the time you've shipped, paid VAT and duty etc, would cost £350+ to get in the UK (I've got a suspicion I paid around £400 all in once I'd settled with customs). It is also listed for sale elsewhere so may be withdrawn at short notice.

1336154299_0.jpg

1336154301_1.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE