Clamp cleats

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I prefer to use shock cord guys on my tarp as it keeps everything taut without over stretching the tarp material in the wind.

The only problem I find sometimes is that as the cord stretches in the wind, it presumably gets thinner and a prussik knot will then slip.

I usually get around this by tying off on the tarp loops but that is then less convenient for adjusting the tension.

These little things look interesting but has anyone tried them on shock cord?

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
I use 1mm diameter elastic (shockcord) and have just threaded it through the small cleats and is a tight fit and then through the larger cleat and would work fine with this. I cannot see why it would not work, the cleats will hold the line taught no matter anyway, its just a matter of how strong your anchor points are.

Another method I use (basic line tensioners):

I use a length of elastic, about twenty centimetres and tie a basic clove hitch at the top and then after tensioning with the lovely cleat, simply tie another hitch across the lower line and then tension the elastic by drawing the knots away from each other until tight. So now when you get in the hammock the guy lines will sag, but the slack is taken up by the elastic.

1b0e9194.jpg

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
In that case I think the mini ones would suit you better as the standard ones are for 3/5mm and the mini ones would still grip even when the diameter reduces by stretching
Dave.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE