Cider making with no kit....

paul atkin

Forager
Dec 15, 2010
york
paulatkin.co.uk
PLEASE pm me some of them! i have an enduring desire to make myself go blind!:lmao:
no need for pm mate i will share openly. i use a standard format for wine and one for cider. once they are bottled or barrelled they can be altered to your taste using artificial sweetners or juice. the cider i mentioned is probably about 10-12%( I GUESS THIS COS I NEVER GET PAST THE FOURTH PINT) but you can alter it by adding a bottle of apple squash to taste or a cordial such as elderflower after fermentation with pleasing results. For a wine use a demijohn and 500g of sugar dissolved in 6ooml of boiling water, ferment out at about 20 -24 degrees transfer to cold place and let it clear, syphon off into sterilised bottles and leave for a few weeks, the longer you leave it the better. beware straberry ribbena takes about 5 weeks to ferment and is probably the strongest wine that i have ever had, try it Paul

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
no need for pm mate i will share openly. i use a standard format for wine and one for cider. once they are bottled or barrelled they can be altered to your taste using artificial sweetners or juice. the cider i mentioned is probably about 10-12%( I GUESS THIS COS I NEVER GET PAST THE FOURTH PINT) but you can alter it by adding a bottle of apple squash to taste or a cordial such as elderflower after fermentation with pleasing results. For a wine use a demijohn and 500g of sugar dissolved in 6ooml of boiling water, ferment out at about 20 -24 degrees transfer to cold place and let it clear, syphon off into sterilised bottles and leave for a few weeks, the longer you leave it the better. beware straberry ribbena takes about 5 weeks to ferment and is probably the strongest wine that i have ever had, try it Paul

thanks paul, guess which one of your recipes i am most tempted by? :lmao:

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
To make a stronger alcohol, you re introduce the old used mulch and second press. Mix the layers fresh with the old, 3-4 inches then squeeze, fill the demis equally.
Used this process in making traditional wine, normal pressed wine 10-14%, second pressed wine 20-25%.

phil

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE