Chrome Tanned Leather

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Got a sack of this in a trade a while back, been sat there since. Can anyone think of any suggestions what i could do with it? (keep it clean!)

Any project ideas greatly welcomed oh and its mainly black with some brown in there too

Dave

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Depends how thick it is & the size of the pieces......It's a lot softer than veg tanned so can't be wet moulded. If it's good stuff i.e. dyed all the way through with no blue center, then I can think of a few things.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I always thought chrome tanned leather was the stuff with the really hard inner core?
Used for scandi sheath's, must be wrong and if i am whats that stuff called? Sorry Dave thread hijack.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I always thought chrome tanned leather was the stuff with the really hard inner core?
Used for scandi sheath's, must be wrong and if i am whats that stuff called? Sorry Dave thread hijack.
thats half tanned leather bud, which has a raw hide core, im not a fan of chrome tanned to be honest, but works for small projects if there for your self, but i would not sell a product made of this to my customers, it just has that mass produced leather look to it, imho.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
thats half tanned leather bud, which has a raw hide core, im not a fan of chrome tanned to be honest, but works for small projects if there for your self, but i would not sell a product made of this to my customers, it just has that mass produced leather look to it, imho.

"Half tanned" that makes sense bud cheers. Hijack over sorry Dave :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE