Christmas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
I was looking out of the poly tunnel this afternoon and started thinking about Christmas (dinner). This is midnight, unfortunately born a boy; but fortunately (for us) now Christmas dinner. Anyone have an good recipes for roasted goose?

EA3195BF-5943-468A-8C95-75BADE02B8C9.jpeg

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Cleaned up, I'd run that boy through my smoker BBQ, 4 hours @ 275F with some chunks of apple wood for smoke for the first hour.

Search for "dry rub" recipes, mixes of herbs and spices, that you literally rub all over the bird, inside and out.
Look for the ones that have a lot of ground cumin, some espresso coffee and dried orange peel fragments.
I traded all my pizza dough and sauce recipes for the dry rub that I use on birds.

My cast iron pan with wood sits right on the lit burner, the "hot" side of the gasser BBQ.
Water dish to catch the rendered fat under the bird on the cooler, unheated side.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
My great gran used to roast a goose with two halves of an orange stuck into the cavity and make a separate stuffing as she reckoned it never cooked properly in the bird. The oranges were removed when it rested and squeezed the juice to add to the gravy.
She used to say.....
A good goose needs a good orange to roast properly.
I'm sure I must have eaten it but I don't remember so can't tell you if it tastes great or not.
The last time I saw her I was 3yr old! Though she did live untill the 1990s and died at 103 yrs old.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Last night my daughters decided that thursday 25th was a not Christmas meal night, being as opposite as you can calendar wise, so it seems that were having a full Christmas meal on Thursday, I don't imagine there will be any Goose but I do imagine it will be tasty :D

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Just roast it plain and simple, rest before carving and obviously save the fat.
Been our Christmas dinner for years, never fails.
Cassoulet the leftovers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE