Christmas/New Years Meet at Swyns 5 & 6 Jan 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gwhtbushcraft

Settler
Nov 16, 2006
Warwickshire
Swyn, Jason and everyone else that helped put the weekend together :You_Rock_ . I had a great time and I thoroughly enjoyed just meeting and chatting with people.

Jason, Thank you for that trick with the lanyard hole :D That is genuinely cool...not that it would necessarily be good if your knife had been out in the deep cold:eek: :lmao:

Geoff,
That mystery person would have been me :eek: I wasn't sure if that little stool had been forgotten, it wouldn't have been the first time someone left something like that behind at a meet. I am glad that you found it alright!

Does anyone know what young George's handle is on here? I wanted to send him a couple of links, but forgot to get his email or forum name :11doh:

hi chris
User name: gwhtbushcraft
email: gwhtbushcraftatgmail.com
George
:)

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
excellent weekend as always lads.
was good to meet some new people . hope to see you at the bucks and reading meets this year.:D

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Thank you so much Swyn, Jason and the others of the Bucks group. Boy, did I learn a lot. Really good to see many good friends again and make new ones. Thanks for being such a great crew!

Some of the things I learned were:-

cleaning pots with water, ash and a hazel brush - Longstrider
making yourself inconspicuous to see wildlife - Rod
shelter building/ and sleeping in one - Jason
spruce roots as cordage - Jason
wind shelters - experimentation
loads of stuff about Norway - Rod, Jason and Chris
testing out some new kit, such as sleeping on a thermarest
hangi cooking - Jason
forestry - Swyn

also the nighlights made from milk cartons

Also some great talks by George and Bardster

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE