Chopwell Forest Festival update

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
The festival invitation as mentioned in this post needs an update.

Anyone who wished to attend as a demonstrator, and therefore get overnight camping rights needed to get their names down formally rather than just turn up like we would at a meet.

The people who need this information have also stated that demonstrators need their own PLI (which I was unaware of at the time) so we have binned the idea for this year.

You are of course all very welcome to come along as visitors and have a bit of a play and as always, the kettle will be on. You'll have to pay at the gate though like everyone else.

Sorry for the confusion, but we'll sort something proper out for next year (2008) when we hope the main theme of the festival will be bushcraft (we might even be able to swing a bushcraft celebrity too).

Eric

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just a final heads up for the Chopwell Forest Festival.

Is anyone planning on coming along? apart from the music and beer theres a load of other stuff going on and you can always pop in and bum a cuppa from me or eric.

We will both be pitched on the Friends of Chopwell Wood corner. Erics looking after the green woodcraft on one side of the road and I'm on the other side doing spoons, bark containers, cordage, fire lighting etc etc. psycho and the bike lads have been shifted to the top end of the site with the charcoal kiln, not sure why but it leaves Eric with loads of space to spread out.

If your within reach and not going to Delamere, it really is a cracking day out.

WARNING:
Now, I know this is going to sound incredibly obvious and even patronising, however;
under no circumstances bring any fixed blade or locking folding knives with you. Same goes for axes etc.
This is an open public event and the organisers and especially the Police will not tolerate this sort thing. people buy tools at the festival but they are told to keep them in the bags provided.

There were some serious concerns raised last year and they were well justified.

The likes of me and Eric obviously carry our knives on our belts but only when actually working and never wander around the site with them.I dont want to sound like an old wife but you'd be amazed at some of the stuff I've seen over the last 9 years or so!

So! do come along if you can.

best regards
Rancid Badger

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE