Choice of uk legal pocket knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...but my every day carry is a handmade Trevor Ablett

Ablett Antler by British Red, on Flickr..."

Now thats the kind of thing I was thinking about, if you think about the things you might need your knife for day to day this just seems more practical, I like the way that the diameter of the handle increases towards the base so that it will sit nicely in your palm.

Here is a link to his site Trevor Ablett, and for you young folks, his site is how most of the the internet looked in 1995. :)

"...This is my daily carry..."

I like that, I have a Schrade folder in a similar style, nice little working knives.

Last edited:

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
If you get on with them, Spyderco knives are fantastic, but they're not for everyone.
I have a Bob Terzuola Slipit by Spyderco and I love it.
That said, the blade I carry most often in the UK is a Swiss Army Knife (camper I believe)
It's an inoffensive looking thing, and does not scream weapon if someone sees it, Spyderco knives have a tactical look to them that can scare some people.

Nov 20, 2014
Letchworth
Thanks everyone. Youve all been a great help. I think I have my choice down to a spyderco sqeak and perhaps at times the ukpk. its a real shame spyderco don't do a dragonfly 2 salt in a slipit mode. That would of been perfect. Thanks all again. Great forum and site. Will be using it a lot in future.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I have a Spyderco Bug on my keyring and SAK in my EDC rucksack. When I go walking in the hills/moors/mountains/woods I carry a Falkniven U1. All legal and all get regular use. The U1 is a cracking knife but it seems to have more than doubled in price since I got mine.

Sorry to chuck something else into the ring after you've come to a decision...:)

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Take a look at the Spyderco Pingo too, hard to lose in bright orange and cheap for a Spydie. I generally carry that in my pocket, and a SAK Alox Farmer with a Fenix LD15 in a small nylon Vic pouch on my belt. Covers most situations for me. The Alox versions of SAK's have a stronger back spring too :)
Mike.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
‎Guess I'm missing something as I carry a knife when intent on using it so no way am I going to compromise my safety by deploying something inferior to a locking or fixed blade knife.  

Where are all you guys taking  these slip joint knives to use that makes you so fearful of being subject to "stop & search"??

I walk past Buckingham Palace 10 times a week and as close to fully armed Met Officers on shift change that I could ‎slap them on the shoulder but none have asked to look at my Leatherman to see if I've deactivated the locks on the two 3" blades therein. 
‎
K‎

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Another vote for the classic Army jack-knife - robust and nothing to go wrong, plus the sheepsfoot blade is entirely non-threatening! Mine's as old as I am but in better nick and has been with me on many adventures. I often carry a Leatherman (Wave or Original) when I'm out working but always take it off my if I'm in a public place whereas the amy knife lives in my jacket pockets.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
SAK Alox solo for me. I have more expensive pen knives but this is my favourite one and is usually the one I end up taking with me. Very strong back spring too, noticably more so than my farmer.

Hilly

Aug 2, 2013
Corby
SAK Harvester and a Zebralight SC52 come with me everywhere. I specifically chose the Harvester as it has a small pruner blade on it which I use daily through the summer when out walking with the kids for fruit-picking.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If you want something more sheeple friendly, then have a look at the Spyderco Squeak. It's probably the only Spyderco I'd be comfortable with as UK legal EDC. Wouldn't replace my SAK Alox Farmer though.

Colin

What does 'sheeple friendly' mean?

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I carry a Svord Peasant Mini, which is EDC legal. It goes everywhere with me, very nice knife that really punches above it's weight.

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE