Chilling out at Comrie Croft

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
HWMBLT got some beauties down the Clyde today too :) I love this Autumn light, a kind of blessing before the heavy grey short days really get weary.

Buy a white one and I'll help you dye it camo :D or camo celtic woodlandy ;) :D

No reason why you couldn't have a green nylon bell tent. For the price there are Makers who'd make one as you wanted.

We used canvas ones with the Cubs ages ago, and they packed tidily into a holdall sized bag. The pole was the bugbear though, 4" wooden things with heavy steel collars. Lightweight metal ones would be just as effective and both lighter and less bulky in a boat I reckon.
Just an idea.

Good for you :D Interested to hear the negotiations :D

cheers,
M

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
yeah i miss the hills indeed but i swapped it for something just as good :)

As long as you're happy mate :)

Great photo's Rich
i dabbled with a camp bad on the Pk weekend, i can see the appeal when Static camping/car camping

Cheers Sam

What a lovely place,great pics Rich,dead jealous :)

Thanks Gray, it's a lovely part of the country and well worth a visit sometime

Lovely pictures, looks like you had a great time! I love comrie, tis where me and dreadhead first met!! :eek:

Sorry to hear about that Lol, only jesting :)

Shewie, was Helsport flue collar heat insulated to stop damage to the tent?

The collar is just a sleeve made from the same steel as the flue, I guess there's around a 30mm gap all the way round. The collar did get quite hot but never too hot that you couldn't touch it. The nylon or webbing straps showed no sign of melting which is good.

Love those pics. Going to show them to SWMBO to try and convince her that sleeping out doesn't have to be all muck and shivers.

Thanks mate

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Great pics Rich, you are actually very good with your 'point and shoot'.

It looks like you had a fab time in lovely surroundings.

Nice write-up too, although your 'Laavu action' comment did induce a carry-on-camping style snigger :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sweet crib homes!:D the stove looks brilliant,

To quote our Drew, it was ausome

Great pics Rich, you are actually very good with your 'point and shoot'.

It looks like you had a fab time in lovely surroundings.

Nice write-up too, although your 'Laavu action' comment did induce a carry-on-camping style snigger :)

Cheers Sean

Ooh matron

Quality pics there fella.
Lovely spot and a nice set up. Thanks for sharing:)

Thanks mate

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Lovely stuff!
The Trossachs and roundabout really are pretty in the autumn, there's such a mix of tree types...

Cosy looking pad too. :)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
That Ben Chomzie picture is stunning. I love it, amongst several excellent pictures.

Glad to hear I'm not the only disaster-prone camper about too!

mark

Forager
Dec 26, 2007
Stirlingshire
That looks great and a nice kit setup there, must go to Comrie at some point as it's not too far away. I've got a Green Outdoors Tipi 6 that I need to try out at some point along with a wood burning stove, just need a shield to get the chimney through the vent at the top.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Looks like a great time time mate, wonderful place to camp out

Sorry about the stove accident, I did the same thing with a down sleeping bag a few years back. All it took was one quick wipe against the stove and here were feathers everywhere .

Great result with the free repair top service from that company

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Rich, nice trip mate, one question though, what was the little stove you used for your brew, where is it from etc etc...

thanks mate.

chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE