cheeky overnighter and Jake's first visit to camp (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Wednesday saw me having a pass for a solo overnighter, for those of you who dont know or haven't noticed Lisa's been quite unwell over the last few months and other than a couple of brief trips with her where we have mostly eaten and then slept i haven't had much woods time since December.
we picked Jake up from preschool then Lisa and Jake gave me a lift up to the permission and dropped me off.
i set up camp and spent an hour building my bed (full write up of the bed making will feature elsewhere on forum)

Then Steve (Mesquite) arrived with dinner and we soon got that cooking.
After a few hours chatting and some fine dining Steve headed off and i settled in with the Bush TV

and some luxury items for my evening's relaxation

a night round the fire with one of my inspirations, unfortunately the only way i can share a camp fire with him
after an hour or so i turned in on top of my dutch wool blanket but bundled up in the merino wool blanket i had
i woke at two am as the fire had burnt down threw the preprepared log pile onto the embers and after a smoke turned in once more
i woke up refreshed at around half eight, after checking in at home it became apparent that Jake was very excited about coming to daddy's woods
a quick brew up and i then made myself a hazel nut flour bannock for breakfast with another coffee
delcious

then the important visitors came :)
Jake practically ran to the camp site tested my bed out and was instantly fascinated by the fire
he helped put some sticks on the fire under my watchful (OK paranoid) eye before declaring that i had to make soup on the fire like daddy pig in Peppa pig
which he helped me do
then we had a mini beast hunt and headed home
Jake absolutely loved it i came back feeing destressed so all in all a winner for everyone

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
It was a good time for me in the woods albeit too brief a time.

Looks Jake's going to have a great time soon camping with dad and mum :)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Great thing to see Sam, Hope you have many a great time in the woods as a family :).

My lad has done a bit of wild camping with me, it great time to share :)

Cheers Stu.
can but hope we have plenty of time around the fire as a family. Jake was desperate to take his tent you sent him. Maybe next time.

Ogri whilst thats my wish i shall let him choose his own path.... ill just quietly expose him to the woods and being outdoors and hope it takes.
reckon it has worked so far. Kids love to imitate their parents and just by doing stuff around the house,the garden and takin him out he's pickin stuff up he loves tracking horses and dogs and finding feedin sign (which also means i have to improve my trackin skills which are his words rubbish)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I am hoping to get over to see you this summer, last few months have been a bit busy for me, this should slow down which means more time out :),

may be see you at the Moot... ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Clashes with mine too this year...

Do you really think it was wise reminding the present buying crowd at the MOOT that it was your Birthday Mr Fenna? I predict sales of pink things going through the roof again :D

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Do you really think it was wise reminding the present buying crowd at the MOOT that it was your Birthday Mr Fenna? I predict sales of pink things going through the roof again :D

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Yous bums always celebrate by Birthday anyhow - be it a few days/weeks after the event ... my point was that my better half was a bit pee-ed off that I will not be at home... but by the time I get home the amount of laundry/pots and pans that I will be presenting her with (for her to wash while I "recover") will take her mind off the fact that was away for my "Big Day" ... and no - it is not a "Landmark" Birthday this year, just a normal celebration of having survived for another 12 months!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE