Cheaper source for Karrimor Sabre 75?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikkel

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2007
Denmark
I have tried to order from www.noorloos-se.com but they simply doesn't answer their order emails.
I'm now out looking for another source for this backpack.
The second cheapest ihave found is this: http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/880/mia/d/karrimor+sabre+75/pid/4306184
But 130£ plus 38£ shipping is a bit much more than 149€ plus shipping, so I hoped there would be another cheap source, that perhaps matched noorloos' price a little more?

Update> Ok, I've found another UK supplier that charges 150£, but only 15£for EU shipping. www.tamarackoutdoors.co.uk.

13£ better than than the first one. But I had somehow hoped it could stay inside a maximum of 150£?

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
You could just get a British Infantry Bergen new or 1st Grade probably for about £80 or less if you look hard enough. You can get them in olive, DPM or if you look hard enough black. Alternatively I bought a Snugpak Rocketpak this year of E-BAY for about £60 brand new which has about 80L capacity and you can buy a yoke to turn the side pouches into a day sack.

Mikkel

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2007
Denmark
The Danish army got the same Bergens as the British, and i'm never going back to that one :D

The 60-100 is too heavy (4kgs) as i'm upgrading (downgrading?) from a 4.3kgs 130L backpack, and i really don't need all that space. 75L is already quite much, but i like to have a backpack i know i can depend on whatever the forthcomming trip requires (but 130L was a complete overkill).

I have found www.tamarackoutdoors.co.uk, they charge 165£ in total including chipping. But still around 15£ over my max.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
save you money and buy a descent make. Karrimor of today is nothing like the orginal company, they are part of a multi national chain with the stuf fmade in China.

For that sort of money you can several other good sacs - or are you desperate for a military looking bag?

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
save you money and buy a descent make. Karrimor of today is nothing like the orginal company, they are part of a multi national chain with the stuf fmade in China.

For that sort of money you can several other good sacs - or are you desperate for a military looking bag?

I believe the Karrimor SF kit is still made in the UK under license, by these guys

http://www.pri.uk.com/ksf/guide.html

Mikkel

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2007
Denmark
Yes, it's the PRI made one i'm after.

It's not the military look but rather the army grade durability :)

Jared> Thanks! This brings me close to my goal :)

Mikkel

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2007
Denmark
Is it cheaper in-store than on the website?
239€ is approx. 170£

Dougster> i can't seem to find the Sabre 75 model on the webpage. Do you know if they stopped selling it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE