Cheap tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
I've tried, about 6 times over the last 9 months, to get one of these, from stores in Surrey Quays and Thurrock Lakeside, but they've never had them in :(
It's a real pity they don't do mail order.

Mike B

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2006
Wakefield West Yorks
Glen said:
I've tried, about 6 times over the last 9 months, to get one of these, from stores in Surrey Quays and Thurrock Lakeside, but they've never had them in :(
It's a real pity they don't do mail order.
It does say that if they don't have them in stock that you can actually order to be sent to your nearest store. Seeing as my nearest store is a round trip of just over 80 miles does anybody have one of these that can give us a clue as to whether they are any good?.
If they are good it might be worthwhile organising a group buy on these for people who can't get to a store.Mike B...

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
Looks like it's possible to get them delivered
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/autres-rubriques-v2/services-homepage/index.html#nop
Clicking on the Delivery and Assembly link yeilds this info.

"Have your purchases and gifts delivered!
Some Decathlon stores offer a home delivery service. Some stores also offer home assembly. Tarifs vary according to the product and the weight. Ask at reception in your store. "

A recent development I think and one that could be very useful for stock that they don't seem to often carry, though it may just apply to the bigger, expensive items. The Store finder does give phone numbers though so I might be given them a call in the next few days.

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
Believe it or not, I've seen one of those at the Decathlon shop in Guangzhou, China. I bought loads of kit there, because the Quechua brand stuff is all good, cheap and they had my size! The thing that put me off the tarp was the weight, because I wanted to hike with it. The ultralight two man tent I got from there weighs 2kg, whilst the tarp is big and hefty at 1.9kg. Looked decent quality, so I was sorely tempted, and it was almost the same price, so I'm sure it'll be the same one.

'hope that's some use.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
First I need to get my glasses, I could have sworn this thread was "Cheap Tart" :eek:

Secondly the plan shows a 3m square but the picture show somthing that clearly isn't square, is it just me or is that downright odd? :dunno:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE