Cheap Sporks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Just had mine delivered. And they are definitely not titanium. As I tested them on a fridge magnet and it stuck.
They look ok not super thin but they aren't going to get a good write up on flebay.

Ditto, mine arrived yesterday. :(

I have a genuine Light My Fire Titanium Spork which weighs in as 17g and does not stick to a magnet, this one weighs 43g and does!

Apart from the spoon end, its pretty flat and not curved like the proper sporks so actually need bending to be of any use.

Bought it out of curiosity, I wasn't expecting great quality but if it was advertised as titanium, I expect it to be titanium.

Refund requested.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Refund received! :)

I have a genuine Light My Fire Titanium Spork which weighs in as 17g and does not stick to a magnet, this one weighs 43g and does!

Apart from the spoon end, its pretty flat and not curved like the proper sporks so actually need bending to be of any use.

Bought it out of curiosity, I wasn't expecting great quality but if it was advertised as titanium, I expect it to be titanium.

Refund requested.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Mine arrived last Friday and just like yours are steel and unfinished with a flat fork.

I left a negative feedback and they've offered a full refund

Refund requested.

ChrisWebb2020

Mar 1, 2016
Kingstanding, Birmingham
Mine just arrived as well. It came in a black plastic bag. No other packaging at all. It also sticks to magnets, the bowl of the spoon is extremely shallow and the flat fork end is very wide, uneven and has some very sharp burrs.

I will also be leaving negative feedback.

Don't buy these guys, they are terrible.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Mine arrived last Friday and just like yours are steel and unfinished with a flat fork.

I left a negative feedback and they've offered a full refund

Might be worth you (and anyone else) checking that you have actually had your refund. When I re-read their response to my complaint, I realised that they were wanting me to confirm that I wouldn't be leaving neutral or neg feedback before processing the refund. I sent them a message saying refund or I will escalate via Fleabay and they coughed with an apology within 24 hours. I'm still musing as to what (if any) feedback to leave.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Might be worth you (and anyone else) checking that you have actually had your refund. When I re-read their response to my complaint, I realised that they were wanting me to confirm that I wouldn't be leaving neutral or neg feedback before processing the refund. I sent them a message saying refund or I will escalate via Fleabay and they coughed with an apology within 24 hours. I'm still musing as to what (if any) feedback to leave.

I got a full refund before I would amend my feedback and did so from negative to neutral despite them asking me to change it to a positive

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
I did not realistically expect it to be titanium so did not ask for a refund, but I did contact them to politely point out that I and several others had been slightly disappointed by their false advertising and said that I would be leaving a neutral feedback. I was then contacted and told "if I gave them positive feedback they would refund the money".........I do not like blackmail so I gave them negative feedback and told them again why I had done so and said I now wanted the 99p back. It certainly was not the money it was the principle, they refunded the money straight away and I was asked if I would be willing to reverse my negative feedback I said no I would not as I feel that is the whole purpose of the feedback system.....Give positive service and you get the appropriate feedback and vis versa.
Strangely I actually felt guilty leaving it but this clearly was not an accident but was a deliberate attempt to 'cheat' buyers as was proven by the number of people on this site alone that were 'caught out'

D.B.

Sep 11, 2014
Maidstone, KENT
Yep.
I had a battle to get a refund.
Offered part-compensation.
They then asked me if I was willing to pay the return postage !!
Even after saying 'give my money back' and 'send a courier at your own expense to collect' it still took a couple more messages.

In total it took 5 requests of varying polietness..

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Yep.
I had a battle to get a refund.
Offered part-compensation.
They then asked me if I was willing to pay the return postage !!
Even after saying 'give my money back' and 'send a courier at your own expense to collect' it still took a couple more messages.

In total it took 5 requests of varying polietness..

Looks like you and the other guys softened them up for me, they didn't push the feedback point and refunded promptly after I chased.

I may be being naive but I suspect that they got their fingers burnt having bought a job lot of cheap spork copies which were described to them as titanium and they changed the description quickly and the hassle you and others had was just clumsy attempts at damage limitation.

Sep 11, 2014
Maidstone, KENT
....Isuspect that they got their fingers burnt having bought a job lot of cheap spork copies which were described to them as titanium and they changed the description quickly and the hassle you and others had was just clumsy attempts at damage limitation.

Yes. Their first message put the blame on the supplier. I suggested they should insist on a refund.....:cool:

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
How tough are they ? Do the prongs bend, mild steel straight out of the packet? And you can always look on the bright side and be thankful that your spork reaches the bottom of your rat pack without a problem.

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
petrochemicals: In fairness they do the job, they are a bit of a peculiar shape with not having a bend in them but that's not a major problem and a plus (in my opinion) is they are a couple of inches longer than many of the other Sporks I have seen. It is not something I normally use or would buy but in truth I ordered one when they were first pointed out on here simply because I would have been P****d if they had actually turned out to be titanium at that price and I had missed out. (pretty much the same as I moan at the Mrs. about all her sale bargains).

Besides which they are shiny

D.B.

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
My first set of cutlery for backpacking came from a charity shop, cost me about £1.50 for a knife, fork, spoon and teaspoon. It was full size proper cutlery, stainless steel etc.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE