Cheap prototype knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kristophish

Native
Mar 17, 2012
nuneaton
I made this knife as a prototype for a customer but it didnt turn out how i wanted it to.

4inch blade
2mm 01 blade
Cant remember the wood
Green liners stainless pins

Its sharp but a touch up on a stone wouldnt go amiss. No sheath

£33 to your door inc pp fees

eb96ccc0a5b6efc9565554bb8acd28da.jpg
478ce0c28cdbd17afc38071b76f8e18e.jpg
ef18cc625baa9d8027039620190b9fe4.jpg

Any questions please ask. Cheers kris

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Interesting shape. What were your thoughts behind that one then?

-sorry, I know it isn't a sale question, but I'm genuinely interested as it looks very useable.

kristophish

Native
Mar 17, 2012
nuneaton
Interesting shape. What were your thoughts behind that one then?

-sorry, I know it isn't a sale question, but I'm genuinely interested as it looks very useable.

Thb the curve wasnt ment to be so severe. It should have a higher tip and less of a drop point.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hehehe, I realised why it caught my attention. Southey came up with a similar design some years back and called it the 'Seagull' because of it's shape. No idea what became of his idea or whether it turned into reality, but like him, it was quite singular and very mad :lmao:

kristophish

Native
Mar 17, 2012
nuneaton
Haha. It feels very nice in the hand. I think that the curve feels very organic in the hand rather than a straight handle and blade

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It's a really interesting design, and like you say looks very organic and useable. I hope whoever buys it posts their thoughts in use as I imagine it would be a very useful and natural feeling tool in the hand.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I'd like this if its still for sale please mate......got an idea for a little project

Pm me you're details and I'll get the cash sent over as soon as poss

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I think that the curve feels very organic in the hand rather than a straight handle and blade

It's a really interesting I imagine it would be a very useful and natural feeling tool in the hand.

You were both right, it does

I like it. When I'm carving I often hold my knife blade down and facing front...carving with wrist movement rather than full arm (if that makes any sense)
This blade shape suits that technique perfectly, As well as more conventional holds
if I was being critical the handle is just a bit thin on the back near the blade...but that's more of a preference than a fault with the knife

All in all I think its a great little knife, and for 33 quid, what a bargain!....Oh, I even found a spare sheath that fits :)

You'll be seeing this knife again after I get my christmas present to go with it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE