Cheap Machete

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
http://www.pvrdirect.co.uk/products...T56_Silverline-GT56-Machete-Sheath-400mm-(16)

Anyone had experience with this model? have got some drill attachments by Silverline and the quality has been ok, wondering if anyone has had a machete from them? at a shade under £10 seems like it's worth the punt, unless anyone can point me in the direction of a decent machete? don't fancy a billhook or kukri, had considered them but the shape gets me :/

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
limb/point the odd branch from a few trees in the back garden, have got a few axes but they seem overkill.

For that sort of thing I would say go for it. Yuo won't need to be precious about it.

It'll have fairly rubbish steel that won't hold an edge for long and will prob need some work to it in the first instance but it'll prob move nice and fast.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
For that sort of thing I would say go for it. Yuo won't need to be precious about it.

It'll have fairly rubbish steel that won't hold an edge for long and will prob need some work to it in the first instance but it'll prob move nice and fast.

I'm thinking as much but thought i'd see if anyone else had looked at/used one from them.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Avoid!

We got these for less than £3 for work use. The edge lasts half an hour at most. Blade is so thin you can shake the machete and the blade wobbles like Rolf Harris' wobble board!

That's if it's the same as ours. Looks identical from the photo on your link so pretty safe bet it's the same.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE