Cheap Ice Rescue Spikes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
What on earth are they used for?

To allow you grip with your hands on the ice if you fall through. They hang round your neck at all times when crossing frozen watercourese, you stab them into the ice and pull yourself out.

Absolutely essential kit for anyone being around frozen water. ;)

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
To allow you grip with your hands on the ice if you fall through. They hang round your neck at all times when crossing frozen watercourese, you stab them into the ice and pull yourself out.

Absolutely essential kit for anyone being around frozen water. ;)

Ah I see makes sense now, so they are for self rescue. I probably need some then.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Ah I see makes sense now, so they are for self rescue. I probably need some then.

Taking some would be advisable. You don't need to buy though, they are easy to make some functioning spikes. Some inch wooden dowel with a hole down the middle and some long masonry nails with corks on will do the job.

Wayland made nice a wooden set too that nest together with a rubber band.

I made mine from carbon fibre, polymorph, some cork and masonry screws.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Taking some would be advisable. You don't need to buy though, they are easy to make some functioning spikes. Some inch wooden dowel with a hole down the middle and some long masonry nails with corks on will do the job.

Wayland made nice a wooden set too that nest together with a rubber band.

I made mine from carbon fibre, polymorph, some cork and masonry screws.

Even better! Something else to make. Cheers bud.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE