Cheap Evernew Titanium kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Excellent they are too, although my burner was sourced from aliexpress. They have been doing sterling service on a couple of long weekends in the woods recently, coupled with a Toaks titanium mug (also from aliexpress), and all fits inside with room to spare :)

Cheers, Paul

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Aye I bought my burner from Aliexpress and the Evernew kit second hand on here. I came across it last night and though someone may find it useful.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Call me cynical....but really? £29.99 for a Trangia burner that cab be bought for a fiver? OK its made of superliteunobtainium but seriously? all this titanium kit?

Have we in the Bushcraft andCcamping community become 'tackle tarts' like the MTB, solohike, and Carp Fishing communities?

Gotta have THIS cos it weighs two drops of sweat less than the old one!..... *** really? WHAT is the weight difference between a steel trangia Burner and a Titanium one? 20grammes maybe? here's an Idea....... drop a laxative and have a REALLY GOOD DUMP! thats what i tell the folks with £900 of carbon fibre in their street going race reps......it aint gonna make a difference..have a good C**P! you will be faster.
You've been here 2 months and already you think you can dictate to the rest of us how we should do what we do?

When did you last read your own signature

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Call me cynical..."

You are cynical. :)

You might laugh at folks who want to save all those grams, but all those grams do add up. If you've ever had to walk any really long distances or worse portage a canoe and gear multiple times in one day, not having to carry that extra weight does make a difference.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
On the more technical front, the meths burner has two rows of holes, one row on the top rim (like a standard trangia burner), but also a second row lower down, which means it heats more quickly than the standard trangia burner from a given dose of meths.

The second row of holes does mean it's difficult to snuff out though, but then the inside is marked with different fill levels which means you don't have to bother measuring out your meths separately first and means you don't really need to snuff it out as you can get the dosage more accurate in the first place without bothering with a separate measuring cup or similar, a surprisingly useful and pleasing enhancement :)

I know, I should get out more ;)

Cheers, Paul

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I see that Humour and irony is wasted on you lot........

I think that it's the delivery of that humour and irony that's the main issue here, when it comes across as condescension and belittling people tend to find it irritating, especially when it always seems this way, even I think it's your intention and I'm not involved in any of the threads you're commenting about, but I read them and I'd advice you to start rephrasing your humour and iron so that it comes across as such, calling the general collective of thousands 'tackle tarts' (as one single example from your plethora) does grind on people, it grinds on me and I'm really quite patient.

Please take the advice that you should review how you communicate.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
well durham bushcrafter, on the onehand the burner is a fair ammount of cash to save only a few grammes, it is a bit overkill, and i'm sure an aluminium job would be lighter, and after you factor in food water bag fuel and clothes it isn't going to make a huge difference. the burner stand though, it will make a reasonable weight saving because it, although heavier (but not much)than an aluminium type windshield(vargo for example) it is alot stronger, as it is 3 times stronger than its same weight in stainless steel, yet it will not rust and can be exposed to alot of heat, unlike the aluminium which turn into lettuce at the exposure to a fire from a meths spill. well worth it, but at that price (30 quid) from the states including p+p i think the seller has made a mistake shipping would probably cost him 15 quid alone !

Elgatoloco

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2010
Glasgow, UK
I use mine on every trip, it's great although the lack of simmer cover is a bit annoying, but the ability to stash everything inside a small titanium cup is great, quite small for wood burning, but tried it couple of times as wood burner and it performs really well. Besides it's titanium, just imagine yourself stirring a broth in your titanium cup with your titanium spork and have it heated on your Evernew titanium stove:aargh4: that's what I do anyway:). That heat exchanger/plate with holes is quite thin so it bends from the heat, but not that much.

We're not savages to eat our food with some wooden utensils!​

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE